Saying good bye to an old friend

/ Saying good bye to an old friend #1  

skirtchaser

Tractor
1989 Ford 1220 4x4
Hi all,
Code:
Here to say hello and saying goodbye to my old cub cadet 1872 hydro.Had it for 10 years with out a hic up.Just replaced it with 89 Ford 1220.I think it was a good move...:confused:

/ Saying good bye to an old friend #2  
Welcome aboard. I think your Ford buy was a good idea, too. I'd really like to replace my Craftsman lawn tractor with something very similar.
-Jim

/ Saying good bye to an old friend #5  
I keep hoping that JD will give us another smaller hp model of their CUTs like my 4010 at 18.5 hp. Think even a 16 hp ought to be enough.

I gave up waiting for Mercedes to bring over one of their stick shift diesel cars. Finally bought a 2010 VW Jetta TDI almost exactly a year ago. Best car we've ever driven so far. Don't think we'll keep it for 25 years though like we did the 240D. It's still running up to Maine and NYC with the new owner's son driving it.

Might have to buy a Kubota to get the smaller hp. Virginia Tractor handles both now, but seems to be only JD at their Ch'ville place.

Ralph

/ Saying good bye to an old friend #6  
We had a 01 Jetta TDI for 200K was a great little car. You might try Beverage tractor in Stuarts Draft for a Kubota. I like my BX1860.

/ Saying good bye to an old friend #7  
I keep hoping that JD will give us another smaller hp model of their CUTs like my 4010 at 18.5 hp. Think even a 16 hp ought to be enough.

I gave up waiting for Mercedes to bring over one of their stick shift diesel cars. Finally bought a 2010 VW Jetta TDI almost exactly a year ago. Best car we've ever driven so far. Don't think we'll keep it for 25 years though like we did the 240D. It's still running up to Maine and NYC with the new owner's son driving it.

Might have to buy a Kubota to get the smaller hp. Virginia Tractor handles both now, but seems to be only JD at their Ch'ville place.

Ralph

I understand the MB comments. I put 280,000 miles on my first stick shift 240D and over 500,000 on my second. Along the way I found an '88 300E with a five speed manual and have put over 325,000 on it and it's a gas car. Only 300 and some were sent to the US as stick shift cars.

I love my MB stick shift cars. I can't stand to part with the old 300E, but I guess that's on the horizon.

/ Saying good bye to an old friend
Thanks guys for welcome.Here is a pic of the old and the old....well they are both 1989's I love these older tractors...alot of steel in em. Cub has a kohler magnum 18hp 399 hrs 60 inch mowing deck and a 45 inch dual stage blower. 2wd. Ford is an 89 1220 4x4 desiel 1400hrs with 2 ford 914 finish belly mower decks and a 7106 front end loader. I am in the process of selling the cub now what do guys think it's worth?

Attachments

• cub cadet 1872.jpg
    cub cadet 1872.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 1,079
  • ford 1220 4x4.jpg
    ford 1220 4x4.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 616