Should I return these tires?

/ Should I return these tires? #1  

kiphorn

Silver Member
Tractor
TC 24D
I had a front tire go down last weekend. I was going to replace them anyway becuase they didn't have much bite for plowing snow last winter.

I had Titan Trac Loaders Titanョ Tire catalog

I called around and got pricing. The dealer I chose said he'd give me either the Titan Tire or the Carlisle Trac Chief for the same price.Trac Chief Tires

I dropped the wheels off on Thursday and picked up them up last night. He didn't install the tire he told me he was going to give me. Instead of the Trac Loader or Trac Chief he gave me the Carlisle Tru Power. Tru Power Tires

The price was a few bucks cheaper but now I'm having second thoughts. This tire looks more like an Ag tire. I use the tractor to cut my grass so I'm worried about the yard damage from this tire. I also had good luck plowing with the original Titans so I'm hesitant to change tires and not have the same success plowing.

Should I take the tires back? I really need the tractor this weekend to do some work around the house. If I return the tires I probably won't get them back until next Tuesday.

/ Should I return these tires? #2  
What reason was given for not providing the tire you wanted?

/ Should I return these tires?
Unfortunately, I paid for the tires before I saw them. I was in a hurry and they were really busy so I didn't have time to go back inside to find out what happened. At first I thought they'd be OK but now I'm having secnd thoughts.

That's probably my answer right there but I was hoping someone may have some experience with the Tru power tire.

/ Should I return these tires? #4  
I Do not think you will have any trouble with plowing, probably be better. Tearing up your yard is the only thing.

/ Should I return these tires? #5  
The older I get, the more I want it "my way". They might have been out of your size tire and just substituted to get your order filled and done. If you're unhappy with the tread design, I'd back off and wait, get what you want and need, makes for a better outcome.

/ Should I return these tires? #6  
Short answer, yes I would take them back.

But a couple of things you could verify is, are the ply ratings the same? Load ratings? etc.

Yes these tires appear that they will have more traction, which may equate to tearing up the yard more.

But bottom line is, he didn't not install the tires you agreed upon. And if you are second guessing and doubting them now, you will never be happy. Everytime something happens, you tear up sod, get stuck, have a flat, etc. You will be blaming the tire and the dealer for not giving you the tire you wanted. Put yourself at ease and return them.

Kinda the opposite way around but, If I went to the dealer for a new set of ags, and he put R4's on, I'd be very upset.

/ Should I return these tires? #7  
I agree with brucew44guns, give me what I ask for or I will go elsewhere.

If you think it will not meet my needs, tell me up front and I will be open to discussion/explanation. DO NOT do this after the deal is made.

I think you have already answered your own question; go with that.

/ Should I return these tires? #8  
I think as long as the ply rating is the same as your original tires then they will be fine. i would be more woried about replaceing just the front tires but not the two back tires. My tractor tires are worn bad in both front and back and i think i would get a gearing problem between the front and back if i only replaced the fronts without the back also. Those TRu power tires are used mostly on Ditch witches not skid steersloaders like your ariginals were.

/ Should I return these tires? #9  
Not posting to help make your decision because your needs are no doubt not the same as mine......but I like the looks of that tread design. It has the flat topped bars that keep hard surface wear somewhat in check and have a more open, higher angled (non overlapping) pattern that may promote self clearing as compared to normal industrial style tires. The R4's that are on my 2520 are absolutely useless in the least bit of soft ground encountered.:confused:

/ Should I return these tires? #10  
I had a front tire go down last weekend. I was going to replace them anyway becuase they didn't have much bite for plowing snow last winter.

I had Titan Trac Loaders Titanョ Tire catalog

I called around and got pricing. The dealer I chose said he'd give me either the Titan Tire or the Carlisle Trac Chief for the same price.Trac Chief Tires

I dropped the wheels off on Thursday and picked up them up last night. He didn't install the tire he told me he was going to give me. Instead of the Trac Loader or Trac Chief he gave me the Carlisle Tru Power. Tru Power Tires

The price was a few bucks cheaper but now I'm having second thoughts. This tire looks more like an Ag tire. I use the tractor to cut my grass so I'm worried about the yard damage from this tire. I also had good luck plowing with the original Titans so I'm hesitant to change tires and not have the same success plowing.

Should I take the tires back? I really need the tractor this weekend to do some work around the house. If I return the tires I probably won't get them back until next Tuesday.

I think Carlisle calls the tire installed by the dealer an Agriculture tire. R-4's are called Industrial tires. If your tractor is equipped with four (4) wheel drive I would be worried about if the new tires are the same size as the ones that were on the tractor. The tire installed looks to me like a Rice tire. I don't beleive if it was my tractor I would operate it with Industrial Tires on the rear and Agriculture tires on the front. You could also ask the dealer to show you where Carlisle identifies the tires as Industrial R-4's.