I am looking for a Hay elevator

/ I am looking for a Hay elevator #1  

I am looking for a hay elevator I live near Fayetteville NC and have checked the NC Dept of ag. for classified ads. All were already sold. I checked Craigslist. Where else can I look? I do not want to have to buy brand new.

/ I am looking for a Hay elevator #3  
Try Meekins Auction in Lumberton or Dillon.

/ I am looking for a Hay elevator #4  
I am looking for a hay elevator I live near Fayetteville NC and have checked the NC Dept of ag. for classified ads. All were already sold. I checked Craigslist. Where else can I look? I do not want to have to buy brand new.

We have 2 listed in our Ebay store items - Get great deals on New Disc Mower Parts, Machinery items on eBay Stores! Either one can be purchased for $100 less than price listed Off Ebay. Shipping approx $89 to a business or truck terminal. Ken Sweet

/ I am looking for a Hay elevator #5  
Do you need a "hay elevator" or an "elevator" that will put up hay? I use an old grain elevator that transports hay when you load bales on their sides. The price of these old machines is scrap value. TSC has chains and motors. That's all they need.

The skeleton type elevators are very expensive around my place because all the horse people feel they need them.

/ I am looking for a Hay elevator #6  
Do you need a "hay elevator" or an "elevator" that will put up hay? I use an old grain elevator that transports hay when you load bales on their sides. The price of these old machines is scrap value. TSC has chains and motors. That's all they need.

The skeleton type elevators are very expensive around my place because all the horse people feel they need them.
I agree.
We have a "elevator" that we use for hay and (aside from being LOUD) it works great. We take hay to someone who has a skeleton style one with a single chain and 2-3 of every 10 bales slips off the hooks which lets it slide down to the ground.
Given a choice, I will wear earmuffs while loading hay.

Aaron Z

/ I am looking for a Hay elevator #7  
I agree.
We have a "elevator" that we use for hay and (aside from being LOUD) it works great. We take hay to someone who has a skeleton style one with a single chain and 2-3 of every 10 bales slips off the hooks which lets it slide down to the ground.
Given a choice, I will wear earmuffs while loading hay.

Aaron Z

If it slips off the hooks, the elevator is setup too steep or someone put the chain on backward. I have seen both. Ken Sweet

/ I am looking for a Hay elevator #8  
If it slips off the hooks, the elevator is setup too steep or someone put the chain on backward. I have seen both. Ken Sweet
It is at a 35-40 degree angle (going into the 2nd story of a sheep barn) and it is as flat as it can go. The hooks are flat on the front and rounded on the back, so they appear to be on correctly.

Aaron Z

/ I am looking for a Hay elevator #9  
It is at a 35-40 degree angle (going into the 2nd story of a sheep barn) and it is as flat as it can go. The hooks are flat on the front and rounded on the back, so they appear to be on correctly.

Aaron Z

Have your neighbor tighten up the chain. Then he will be fine. Ken Sweet