Ballast Fuild Ballast

/ Fuild Ballast #1  

DDT

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040/cab, BX25D, RTVX900
Can anyone help me?
I have R-4 tires 15.00 x 19.5. I was thinking about WW Fluid. How many gal will it take for that size of tire? The JD manual said no more than 90% full. Can I get 200LBS on each side?

/ Fuild Ballast #2  
Hi,

There is a listing at WWW.tractorsmart.com in the technical section that shows ballist values for a lot of tires...but not your size apparently.

My 12.4 x 16 tires took about 23 gallons each. I think that was about 180 lbs per tire.

Maybe if you look at the list of tires at tractorsmart you can find something close and get a better idea....

Hope this helps a little....Bill

/ Fuild Ballast #3  
You might consider some of the eco-safe rv antifreeze soloution, and water mix. Remember, you don't have to fill it completely with the rv fluid.. just enought to protect from freezing.

Soundguy

/ Fuild Ballast
That is a thought, will any safe anti-freeze work as well?
I still need to fugure the gallons per tire. I called a local goodyear and he did not have my tire size listed either, he guessed 20 to 23 gal at 75%. does this sound right?

/ Fuild Ballast #5  
That's got to be fairly close. And you only need enough antifreeze additive to keep the water from freezing solid.. just check your regional temp lows, and follow the mix instructions. Good luck, you'll like it.

I have the rears on my 1920 loaded, and it really helps when pulling.

Soundguy

/ Fuild Ballast
Well I got K-marts WWF. I pumped in 26 gal in each tire and it didnot run out of the stem when I got done. So I think I got real close to the 200lbs per tire. Thanks for all your help.
DDT