KIOTI DK35 CLUTCH PROBLEMS

/ KIOTI DK35 CLUTCH PROBLEMS #1  

klinger48

I have a 2004 dk35 and the clutch pedal is not engaging the clutch. As I was operating the tractor I felt a snap in the pedal and the pedal no longer engages or disengages the clutch. The actual clutch is fairly new and it was not slipping before this occurred. I checked the linkage and it all appears to be operating up into the clutch housing. Does anyone know what the problem may be?
This tractor has been great but the nearest dealer is far away so I have decided to start doing the repairs in house.

Last edited:
   / KIOTI DK35 CLUTCH PROBLEMS #2  
Sounds like something in linkage broke or a pin came out. Have you found anything yet?

Loren

/ KIOTI DK35 CLUTCH PROBLEMS
Yes, a dealer responded via email and ran down what the problems could be. For now I am going to start pulling the tractor apart and when I know exactly what went wrong I will post it. Thanks

The dealer mentioned that I may want to go ahead and replace the clutch assembly while the tractor is apart. does anyone know if maybe I can have the clutch plates rebuilt?

Are there after market parts available for Kioti tractors.. I can find any.

/ KIOTI DK35 CLUTCH PROBLEMS #7  
The dealer mentioned that I may want to go ahead and replace the clutch assembly while the tractor is apart. does anyone know if maybe I can have the clutch plates rebuilt?

Yeah, they are correct. The cost / effort to split a machine is greater than the cost of the clutch parts.

I would guess that the pressure plate fingers broke. You mentioned that the clutch was fairly new, is it a replacement ? Being a 2004 that machine shouldn't need a new clutch. I would expect 4-6000 hours out of a clutch, unless it's on a loader tractor. Then cut it in half or less. If it's a replacement by a prior owner, they may have just put in a new or rebuilt disc and left in the old PP. Common method of shady characters.