Sprayers

/ Sprayers #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm looking for a 3-point PTO operated orchard sprayer. Lookg for a 50- to 100-gallon tank. How much do these things go for used and new? What brands are good ones? I figured i'd get the one with the folding booms. Any things to stay away from?

Thanks, Tracy

/ Sprayers #2  
Hi, I run accross 110 three point hitch sprayers from time to time used for under 100.00 dollars and that is with the pump. When looking at a used one make sure the plumbing on the boom is good because all those t's and little strainers that go on the boom can run into alot of money. A few years ago I bought a used 110 gallon sprayer with pump for 25.00 but had to replace everything on the sprayer boom and I ended up having 225.00 into it but I guess that was still cheaper than new. When replacing sprayer tips get the plastic ones because they are much cheaper than the metal.

/ Sprayers #3  
I purchased a 55gal. six row folding booms at our local Co-Op in TN. The poly barrel sits vertically on a 3 pt. platform. I also purchased a six roller pump. The spray rig was $361.00 and the pump was $106.84 which totalled $467.84 for the whole rig. I haven't used it yet.

/ Sprayers
Tracy

Exacty what do to mean by orchard sprayer.
I have 17 acres of citrus, i maybe able to help if i know more of what you intent to spray.

/ Sprayers
Gonna try an organic operation on my citrus trees and would like to apply fish, kelp and mineral foliar sprays on the trees. I've heard of some farmers using a hydrostatic sprayer, but I believe a unit I could pull behind my tractor, the pump operated by the PTO, would be quite sufficient and be alot cheaper.

The trees are semi-dwarf Owari and Okitsu madarins on trifoliate rootstock. They shouldn't get much taller than 12-feet, but will be about 18-feet wide some day. The trees are two years old now.

Tracy

/ Sprayers
Tracy
Sorry about the slow reply. What ever you buy must have the capacity do do the job. You will need in my view.
A pump that can put out a minimum of 80lts min.
Fully adjustable nozzles (preferably brass).
Adjustable boom.