Newbee Help: What is a good book/manual for Tractor Maintenence?

/ Newbee Help: What is a good book/manual for Tractor Maintenence? #1  

bnew17

Bronze Member
Tractor
2001 JD 5310 w/ 542 FEL
This my first post on this site. I wanted to say hey to everybody and ask yal a quesiton.

I just bought a Ford 5000 with a loader recently and am having somebody do some work on it for me. I dont know much of anything about tractors and i was just wondering if there is a book that i could get that would help me troubleshoot problems in the future and how to fix them?

/ Newbee Help: What is a good book/manual for Tractor Maintenence? #2  
You just posted on THE BEST resource for ANY tractor questions you might have. You can learn so much just by reading all these post. WElcome to TBN and happy posting!!

/ Newbee Help: What is a good book/manual for Tractor Maintenence? #3  
Welcome to TBN :thumbsup: - I agree 100% with blackie65.
So far I get along fine with my owners manual and TBN.
Sorry I cant recommend a book ( I dont know of one ) but if one exists someone here will let you know.

gg

/ Newbee Help: What is a good book/manual for Tractor Maintenence? #4  
This my first post on this site. I wanted to say hey to everybody and ask yal a quesiton.

I just bought a Ford 5000 with a loader recently and am having somebody do some work on it for me. I dont know much of anything about tractors and i was just wondering if there is a book that i could get that would help me troubleshoot problems in the future and how to fix them?

A I&T shop manual for your model tractor would be a good start. You can get them at TSC and they aren't very expensive. Next a good owners manual, you might be able to find one aftermarket, or order one from your New Holland dealer. Another good book is the John Deere FMO manual on preventative maintenance. FMO = fundamentals of machine operation, and they have a whole series on everything from how to do maintence to how to operate specific types of equipment, etc. Although they are written by JD and generally use JD equipment for examples, the info is great and covers a broad spectrum of equipment.