Windshield washer fluid - 50 cents gallon!!! Hurry

/ Windshield washer fluid - 50 cents gallon!!! Hurry #1  

JohnMiller3

Elite Member
Tractor
Satoh S650G, MF135, MF165, JD5205
145738.jpg

Guys... this is the lowest I've seen in years for windshield washer fluid...

You seniors can buy it for .45 gallon... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Now it the time for the ballast your tractor needs...

Can you imagine across the United States this week... all TBN members make a run on K-Mart's nationwide and buy up every ounce of windshield washer fluid in stock... what will happen to the prices next week after the sale....

Hurry... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Windshield washer fluid - 50 cents gallon!!! Hurry #2  
I see it now. Almost every Kmart cashier is going to be asking the question "What are you going to do with all that washer fluid?". Most won't know anything about tractors and ballast, and will think you're nuts, or upto something. And as the reports trickle in, the FBI will be called in to see what possibly could be made with all that washer fluid. They are concerned because the reports have come from all across the country. There must be something going on. We go to Home Security "red" allert. After much todo, it is traced to the ring leader who has left secret code notes on TBN, John Miller III. John, are you ready for your 15 minutes of fame, on CNN? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

PS: I'm trying to figure where I can store 50 gallons of wiper fluid!

/ Windshield washer fluid - 50 cents gallon!!! Hurry
<font color=blue>...I'm trying to figure where I can store 50 gallons of wiper fluid!...</font color=blue>

John... I'm getting 150 gallons...

My wife had the flyer in her hand and I caught the price from the corner of my eye.../w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif... I told her it was an emergency... I just had to see that darn thing... she looked at me like I had "three heads"... /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

K-Mart has its <font color=blue>Blue light</font color=blue> special...

You can call this "Johnny's<font color=blue> Blue Liquid special</font color=blue>"... /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Watch out K-Mart... TBN is coming to clean out automotive... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Windshield washer fluid - 50 cents gallon!!! Hurry #4  
Unfortunately K Mart closed the only 2 stores in my county. Closest store is 30-40 miles away. Now lets see if I figure the cost of gas $1.35 a gallon, say 2 gallons of gas… WOW that is still a buy!

Tom

/ Windshield washer fluid - 50 cents gallon!!! Hurry #5  
JM3 wrote "John... I'm getting 150 gallons..."

WOW, is that for 2-3 tractors? From the chart provided in the other "Liquid Ballast" post, I only need 17 gal per rear tire, and 6 gal per front tire. Four gal would be for our cars this winter. Also, according to the chart, it would add 284lbs of rear ballast and 100lbs to the front. Not too shabby for $25!

I was on the fence about deciding to use liquid ballast, after reading the other thread this week. Its funny how a sale can help you decide. Gee, I'm starting to sound like my wife! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Windshield washer fluid - 50 cents gallon!!! Hurry #6  
Hi,

/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Make sure it is the stuff rated for use in winter!

I have seen some "summer mix" that did not give a below freezing rating on the label. I would be afraid to use that, at least without a test, like putting some in my freezer at home and seeing if it got hard or not...

Just a thought...Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Windshield washer fluid - 50 cents gallon!!! Hurry #7  
Good point Bill

The add picture showes "Windshield washer solvent." but doesn't appear to say anything about antifreeze.

Just curious, with all the smart people on this board building bout anything a guy could want...why someone hasn't come up with an even lower cost solution for this ballast.

What is it in the solvent that is "antifreeze?" Why couldn't a guy buy a gallon or ten of this stuff and add it to our own water. My guess is this could be done at less than half the price of "retail" what with the cost of the plactic jug, transportation, handling, advertising etc.

Just thinking outloud, but comments are welcome.

Mike

Hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Johnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/47-206877-150gallonsofBallast-800.jpg>All 150 gallons worth or 25 cases of 6 gallons or perhaps better stated... all 1250 lbs worth...</A> /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Actually, I only need 140 gallons according to an updated chart by Firestone... my fronts will take 17 gallons each, and the rears will take 53 gallons each @ 75% fill rate for a total added ballast of 1167.5 lbs... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

I think, I'll make up a sign & sell the other 10 gallons say for... 39 cents a gallon... /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Attachments

• 47-206877-150gallonsofBallast-800.jpg
    47-206877-150gallonsofBallast-800.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 99
   / Windshield washer fluid - 50 cents gallon!!! Hurry #9  
I guess its true, close contact to that much blue dye will put a smile on your face /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif. You know I have to ask, what did the cashier say, or did they all just give you a funny look?

<font color=blue>...what did the cashier say...</font color=blue>

Well... the kid kinda did a double take when I asked him to check the "back room" for cases... as he was walking away he asked how many cases would I need... I said..."Twenty-five"...

He stopped... turned around, and looked at me and asked if I meant "25 gallons"... I said "No... Cases"... I need 150 gallons..."

...on the loading dock, another kid asked..."Excuse me Sir, what are you going to do with all this stuff." I told him it's for my tractor...

...It's got a rather "large windshield"... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

They rapidly loaded up my truck, praying this "nut" would quickly leave... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif