Tires Help removing water from tires

/ Help removing water from tires #11  
Thanks for all the suggestions.

If it was summer time I could have left the stem out and let the remaining mist evaporate.

I am happy with this setup...minimize rim corrosion and lawn damage and I have a ballast box so weight isn't an issue.

-Mike

A vacumn pump will also remove the last of the water, as by dropping the atmospheric pressure, water boils at a lower temp, like at room temperature. That is how water is removed from A/C systems, if the vacumn is left on the system long enough. (most tech's today just pull it down to remove "some" and then charge it with freon, but that is another post for another day...)
David from jax

/ Help removing water from tires #12  
3. Then I took a fluid extractor pump that I had and inserted the tube into the stem untill it hit the bottom of the tire. I pumped out the remaining (about 12 gallons out of each tire) and essentially have empty tires.

-Mike
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - would you share with us the diameter of the tube you inserted into the valve stem.

/ Help removing water from tires
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - would you share with us the diameter of the tube you inserted into the valve stem.

I actually gave the fluid extractor back to the person that I borrowed it from but the tube diameter was identical to the thread diameter on the end of a valve stem that the cap goes on.