power beyond

/ power beyond #1  

wichiwichi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500DT,June 2000
Can anyone tell me exactly what power beyond is and what it does? Is there an advantage to having it? Thanks

/ power beyond #2  
I suppose I could try to tell you what power beyond is, but I think <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=205032&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>this link</A> might do it even better. An advantage to having it? Only if you ever want to add an additional valve to operate additional hydraulic equipment.

/ power beyond #3  
HI,

This is kinda' related to this post...

I just received a catalog from the Surplus Center. Someone here recommended them. There is a lot of hydralic cylinders and valves and stuff in this catalog and you might want to call and have one sent to you.

I have no connection with them in any way and am not even a customer yet. Just want to pass the info on...just in case.

Phone number is 1-800-488-3407. Probably worth the call to get a free catalog if you are thinking of doing anything with hydraulics in the future...160 page catalog, about 60 of which are hydraulic related...

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ power beyond #4  
I'll try to explain this as simple as possible; The pump creates hyd flow to a control valve. Let's say the loader control valve. This would be your in port (from the pump). The fluid then travels through the valve if controls are neutral and out of the Power beyond port to it's next destination which is usually the 3ph control valve. As long as the 3ph valve is in neutral the fluid flows back to tank or in most cases the trans case. If you want to add on additional hyd's you just tap into this loop.
If you are reffering to the power beyond kit available for some Kubotas, that taps into the system prior to the 3ph valve and allows you access to the fluid at a more conveniant location. You can tap off of power beyond anywhere in the system because you will have a pressure relief valve usually prior to and or in the loader valve and this will protect the circuit. However, whatever you install into this circuit must be continued back to "tank" in order for everything "down stream" to receive hyd power. Also if not continued, the fluid will "dead head" causing the relief valve to stay open which will over heat the fluid, over work the pump and cause the loader to not work very well, if at all. Depending on the model tractor depends on what sets main relief pressure. The relief valve always has a seperate hose or path back to tank. On most Kubotas this is represented in the color code on the hoses. Orange=from pump, Green=power beyond and Gray=return to tank. Some models take pump flow directly from the pump in which case the loder valve needs to have it's own relief valve while other models have a "hyd block" or diverter valve that contains it's own relief. Hope this makes some sense to you......

/ power beyond
So the way you are explaining it, if I wanted to add another block, I would remove the power beyong hose from my loader block , tie that to the in on the new one, then the output of the new block into the PB point on my existing loader block. Is this correct? Why couldn't you just parallel the in and out on the existing block? Thanks

/ power beyond #6  
Let's see if I remember the B7500 set up. From the hyd pump you have a hard line that comes to a "block" that diverts pump flow to the loader. The hose in the front goes to the loader valve (orange). The power beyond hose (green) comes out of the loader valve and goes to the rear of the block. This is what continues the loop back to the 3ph. To add another valve, run the pb hose from the loader valve to the in port of the add on valve. From the add on valve out port run a hose back the rear port of the existing hyd block. If what you mean by paralleling the circuit is teeing off the existing circuit? Then the flow would take the path of least resistence through the loader valve and return to tank and would not do any work in the new valve unless you held a loader function against relief. The flow has to be in series.

/ power beyond #7  
wichiwichi
There is an explanation for hooking up a Power Beyond Valve at Bush Hogs site.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bushhog.com/agtoc.html>Click Here</A>. Then click on See list of downloadable Operator's Manuals. Look for the Back Hoe Manual. This will download a PDF copy of their manual. In the Power Beyond section there is a good explanation of how to hook up a Power Beyond Valve.
This information was posted in The Top and Tilt Thread from a year ago. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=33880&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post33880>Click Here</A>. There is a lot information in this thread about hooking up valves and the problems that can arise. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ power beyond
Thanks for your help. Attatched are 2 drawings. Will both work? The only reason I am asking is ease of plumbing. I am no artist by any stretch of the imagination.

Attachments

• 47-208843-hyd.JPG
    47-208843-hyd.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 151
   / power beyond #9  
The top scematic is the one that will work. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
The bottom one wont work /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif