tractors sleepin' in the barn

/ tractors sleepin' in the barn #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
tractors sleepin\' in the barn

Just a pic of the 'girls' sleepin' in the barn.

Soundguy

Attachments

• 47-208661-1920-8n.jpg
    47-208661-1920-8n.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 154
   / tractors sleepin' in the barn #2  
Re: tractors sleepin\' in the barn

What do you do to keep rodents from snacking on your wiring, etc.?

/ tractors sleepin' in the barn

I have a barn cat that sleeps on the seat of the 1920, Although, since it got colder here for a couple weeks, the cat slept in the hay loft, and I did fing the beginnings of a rat nest under the hood of the 1920.

It is a constant battle... I don't like poisons that my farm animals can get too.. but have had some luck with moth balls... but it is so hard to get their little legs apart/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif... ok.. had to say it.. sorry...

Soundguy

/ tractors sleepin' in the barn #4  

Soundguy:
I have had the same problem with rats in the barn, building nest under the hoods on my tractor and ridding law mower.

If you don't mind dust under the hood just leave it up, works at my place I think it's the dark hidding place they like the most and once I started leaving the hood up bingo no rats well......that dosn't mean they left the barn....just the tractor and rider alone.

ps: the tarp over the tractor is like a rat magnet

/ tractors sleepin' in the barn #5  

hey one more thing...how come when I see pic's of your place your yanny is never included won't the big tractors let the little one in the barn???????

The way my barn is setup( 24' x 66' ), I have 3 stalls, and a storage area( 36' ) on one side, and on the other side it is made into two garage bays and a tack area ( 30' ) The hay, tack, and feed are in that area along with the yanmar.

Originally the yanmar had the sole tractor spot in the barn, along with the finish mower. Then I got the 1920, and the finish mower moved out to a smaller little pole barn. Then I got the 8N, and swapped everything around again, and worked on the 8n out in the little pole barn. Now it is as you see it, both fords in the big barn, the finish mower in the pole barn, and the yannie in the garage. I just keep running out of places to put things. If I get one more tractor, I'm gonna have to either clean out the other bay in the barn.. or build something else...

Soundguy

P. S., the area you can't see to the right of the fords is a stall for my mini-horse, otherwise the yannie would be right there.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>hey one more thing...how come when I see pic's of your place your yanny is never included won't the big tractors let the little one in the barn???????

As for 'big', I'd wager that the 8N is very close to the yanmar as far as capability goes. I think the N is around 2800lbs... someone will correct me if I am wrong, while the yannie is around 1800... the extra weight is a nice thing for work.

The N is 4cyl gas, originally 26~hp, and the yannie is 2 cyl diesel 21~hp. I would guess that they are both very close in hp right now, due to the age of the N. It would be hard to say which was stronger. I've dug alot of dirt with the yannie, but was limited on what it could pull when dragging my pasture, with my old 8x8 heavy drag harrow. While the N handles the harrow like it wasn't there, it's clunky non-live hyd lift makes digging dirt more tricky.

Pros' and cons on both sides.... and love em both.

Soundguy

/ tractors sleepin' in the barn #9  

guess u don't need them for plowing snow huh?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif is the rat and mouse thing because u are in flordia or because of the barn? don't have that problem up here(too darn cold for them) although the mice do like to get into the house in the fall. but once i trap them out they don't bother us till next fall. guess nothing is perfect.

We have the rat / mouse thing anywhere there is vacant land with weeds.. barns are like a condo to them...

Soundguy