Block Heater Test

/ Block Heater Test #1  

msb1766

Platinum Member
Tractor
SC2450 Cub Cadet/Yanmar
So this morning I wanted to see how warm and how fast the block heater worked.

My tractor is a Cub Cadet/Yanmar Sc2450, It is kept in an unheated and unattached wood structure one car garage. I used an infared thermometer with a laser and pointed it at the same spot each time on the on the block, opposite side of the block heater.

10:00am the block was 30 degrees, then I plugged in the block heater.
10:30am the block was 38 degrees
11:00am the block was 50 degrees
11:30am the block was 57 degrees
12:00pm the block was 63 degrees
12:30pm the block was 66 degrees
1:00pm the block was 70 degrees

I stopped at 1:00pm, I had to clean the snow off the driveway. I do not know how hot it will get but I think 70 degrees is a pretty good temp.
I will try and plug it in tomorrow longer to get the maximum temp.

/ Block Heater Test #2  
I'm curious to the wattage of your heater. I have a 400w heater in my Kubota B2400 and in 10-20 deg weather the opposite side of the block is very warm to the touch in 30 min.

/ Block Heater Test #3  
You just might catch field mouse warming his feet at those quick temps. ;)

/ Block Heater Test #4  
I'm surprised it's so slow.

We usually only plugged our 220D/240D heaters in about 30 minutes before starting them.

Ralph

/ Block Heater Test #5  
Hi all,

I am very excited about this post. Saturday morning I signed the papers to buy a Kubota BX2360 and as part of the package deal I got the dealership to install a block heater.

I will be keeping my tractor outside until I have cleared enough land to build a detached garage. Hopefully by next fall my tractor will have an appropriate home.

~Kevin

/ Block Heater Test #6  
How long is the cord your using for electricity? If its long is probably too long.