Traction Traction

/ Traction #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi fella's
I would like some advice on whether to or not to. My orchard is on a steep hill which is all sand, pulling my spray vat of 1500lts with my daedong(Kioti) dk 50 FWA loaded with water and 70kgm wheel weights on each wheel i often lose traction and have to back out of the row, go around the hill and come in from the other side. apart from being a pain in the asssssssssssss it digs up the sand leaving a mess. My question is this, do you think i will gain traction by switching the tread the wrong way around "ag tyres". Addionally i do a lot of road work.could this do damage either to my tyres or my drive line.

/ Traction #2  
When I work steep slope..I put some weight in the fel bucket,than use low range 4wd..plus at times inter locking for the rear end if need be.

/ Traction #3  
I can't think of any reason it would damage the tires or drive line, so it's worth a try. Another thing that really helps a lot in sand is to drop the air pressure way down, to around 6lbs.

/ Traction #4  
I am assuming that you are running Ag tires ... I seem to remember that reversing the tread direction on a tire was done in years gone by on graders (non front drive wheels only) front wheels only ... that tended to improve grip and helped control the front of the machine when operating the grader. If you reverse the tread on the drive wheels of your tractor the earth tends to pack against the tread and there goes your traction ... Now the tire can't clean its self ... sorta like running racing slicks at a mud race .... for what it is worth ...