Oil & Fuel Stabil in Diesel

/ Stabil in Diesel #1  

steveky

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ L3010HST, BX 1800
Accidentally put stabil in my diesel fuel can then filled my tank. Will it hurt my tractor and should I drain it out? Tractor hasn't been run since this blunder.

Thanks
Steve

/ Stabil in Diesel #2  
I would call them up and ask them...there should be an 800# on the container...or try this one from their web site: 800.367.3245

/ Stabil in Diesel
Thanks, they are not in on saturdays, will call on monday. Just figured someone else has done this or someone on here with alot more knowledge than me could answer my question.

Thanks Steve

/ Stabil in Diesel #4  
"Whether you own gasoline engines, or diesel engines STA-BIL® products can help keep fuel fresh."

So, it looks as if they claim it is ok for diesel. If it were me, I'd siphon out as much as I could and use fresh fuel. Lubricity issues with additives. But then I am sometimes paranoid.

/ Stabil in Diesel #5  
"Whether you own gasoline engines, or diesel engines STA-BILョ products can help keep fuel fresh."

So, it looks as if they claim it is ok for diesel. If it were me, I'd siphon out as much as I could and use fresh fuel. Lubricity issues with additives. But then I am sometimes paranoid.

No they make a different Sta-bil for diesel engines. I highly doubt it will cause any harm but not sure what I would do in the same situation...

/ Stabil in Diesel #6  
I have an old can of Sta-bil I've had for years and it states 1 oz. for 2 1/2 gals of gasoline or 1 oz. for 10 gals of diesel. However, a recently purchased bottle refers only to gasoline engines, but it also states that overuse is not harmful to an engine.

/ Stabil in Diesel #7  
Below is from their website. Many used the standard Stabil in diesel fuel before they developed the "special" diesel formula. Probably all about the color as stated.

Q: I thought Regular (Red) STA-BILョ worked in Diesel Fuel, how is Diesel Formula STA-BILョ better?
A: Regulatory actions taken by the EPA over the last few years have resulted in diesel fuel reformulations (reduction of sulfur content), creating a need for more, specialized diesel-specific additives that add needed lubricity agents back to the fuel, and to help protect against corrosion and the breakdown of fuel caused by thermal oxidation (heating of the fuel as it re-circulates through the system). In addition, Regular STA-BILョ contains a red dye, which can lead to potential legal issues if used in On-Road Diesel fuel, as Off-Road Diesel is purposely dyed red for tax subsidy purposes.

/ Stabil in Diesel #8  
I use it in my diesel, no probs so far.

/ Stabil in Diesel #9  
the normal red stabil sucks...Use the Marine and red the back of it..It only is good for a certain ammount of time.

/ Stabil in Diesel
Thanks guys, will leave it in there and not worry about it.