1965-68 Ford 4000 diesel Fuel Filter

/ 1965-68 Ford 4000 diesel Fuel Filter #1  

Tower

Tractor
Ford 4000, year ????
After some digging on "The Internets" I'm hearing that it is better to have a two filter fuel system than a single filter fuel system. Image below of my single filter currently, but beginning to wonder if it is worth the change, or if it is possible to change over. Anyone done this before?

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 2,662
   / 1965-68 Ford 4000 diesel Fuel Filter #2  
After some digging on "The Internets" I'm hearing that it is better to have a two filter fuel system than a single filter fuel system. Image below of my single filter currently, but beginning to wonder if it is worth the change, or if it is possible to change over. Anyone done this before?

If you buy clean fuel and store it properly, there is no reason to change over to a dual filter system.
If you don't buy clean fuel and store it properly, you will likely have problems with either system.
Dual setups have either two filtering elements or one element and a water separator section. All three configurations use the same final filter element, so the filtering capability of all systems are equal given a reasonably clean filter cartridge.
I would not waste the money on a dual filter setup. In fact, my 4000 has the same single filter that yours has. Ford used the same single element filter on models with nearly twice the HP of a 4000 which required nearly double the fuel flow.

/ 1965-68 Ford 4000 diesel Fuel Filter #3  
Are you having trouble with the single filter? I owned/operated a Ford 4500 tractor/backhoe/loader for 17 years and never had a single fuel problem with the single filter. I agree with Rick - if you burn clean fuel, you will have no problem with the single filter.