No idea what year this Backhoe is

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #12  
Sorry Guys, I took the pics from my Iphone I thought the pics could be enlarged when opened, I will get better pics, ASAP! I'm curious to see what year this is wiring is a mess couple of cylinders are leaking tires are in bad condition, e was starting it with ether in the morning he said it didn't have glow plugs. But I see it has a block heater. I don't understand people not taken care of something this expensive.

Thanks for the help :)

Check if it has a thermostart and if is working.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is
where would it be located?? there is alot of pieces missing off of this unit. it has no cluster in it. it has a block heater if that counts

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #14  
So I got it right with the ford 4500 Industrial
Good guess since I have one:laughing:

Thanks Bradlyk! :thumbsup:

for the input, are you a 100% sure because I need to get parts & a manual. I looked for a dealer but can't find one to call. I went to plug the block heater in put it didn't sound good, probably needs to be replaced...

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #16  
... I don't understand people not taken care of something this expensive.

We used to have a backhoe we bought used. Ended up using it for scrap metal.

The problem was, it was a 1953 Case and we could no longer get parts. It wasn't in the best condition when we bought it. It had been well used. We used it quite a bit. When the hydro pump started not working right, that is when we started having real problems.

We could not find the parts to properly rebuild the pump. Though we did manage to make it work, we also experienced similar problems with the hydro cylinders.

When the engine started to have major problems (it had major wear and many, many hours on it) the machine slowly died on us.

After many years of sitting, it got to the point where it would cost more to fix it then to get something newer.

Sometimes, the proper care of an older machine is not always because the people who own it do not care. Sometimes it is simply not practical.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #17  
I hope you didn't pay too much, because that unit was rode hard at some point. Front loader has scabs and other repairs. The bucket cylinder was broken off the hoe. Those things are signs of long hard use, possibly abuse.

Have you inspected the entire machine for other signs of repairs? Especially for signs of current un-repaired cracks. It looks like the machine was given a slathering of paint, that can hide cracks for a while.

Then check the front spindles for wear, then each pin/bushing for wear. Each bushing on that machine is at least $50 for the press in bushings + the removal and installation cost. Pins are probably 2-3x that (each). It's very easy to spend more in pins and bushings than the entire used machine cost. And that is the reason that an expensive tool can get neglected. Cost to repair gets to be way high. At some point, it's cheaper to buy a new one than repair the old one, so it gets beat on until it's ready to drop and sold.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #18  

That is a clean/straight looking BH to be going on 40 years old. Most are more beat up and glassless if they have an enclosed cab.

Someone has put new injectors from the look of it some maybe it has been keep up other wise as well. Tires look like have a lot of tread for personal use.

We bought a 1983 JD 310B in the spring and due to markings on it could have been a rental at some point with a lot of wear/patching on both buckets and slack in all of the pins but it runs well and digs well. :thumbsup:

I have factory shop manuals for all our equipment that I found on E-Bay.

Bet you have a lot of fun with that toy. :D

I got pics from the starter side, this unit is in rough shape hyd lines need to be replaced the out shielding falls off when you tough it. pins on the loader look like it needs to be done. cyl are pitted, power steering not working, found the block header needs to be replaced leaking a bit just wondering if a universal would work.

Happy New year everyone!

Attachments

• DSCF2121.jpg
    DSCF2121.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCF2120.jpg
    DSCF2120.jpg
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 178
   / No idea what year this Backhoe is #20  
It is a 1973 Ford 4500 TLB. Built May 10 1973. Block heater is a 1-1/2" frostplug style. Parts and service available at any New Holland dealer.