No idea what year this Backhoe is

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #41  
gammer.....

The level plugs are as described by willfick - square head threaded plugs by your right ankle. The oil levels are supposed to be even with the bottoms of these plug holes.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is
Doh! :eek:

dumb as a stump! :laughing:

all else fails go look, it was down alot took 20 liters... in the differential and still needs more..

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #43  
Doh! :eek:

dumb as a stump! :laughing:

all else fails go look, it was down alot took 20 liters... in the differential and still needs more..

Mine, which may be a little smaller, takes 8 gallons in the rearend/differential and three in the transmission. So if the diff took 20 liters it wasn't empty, but well into low.
Wm

my frankin tractor would move when in gear doh! :drink: , also I have no 3rd or 4th gear...:shocked:

what to look for??:mur::thumbdown:

:D

I drained the tranny and flushed out the fluid, man it was full of water the hyd fluid was white has snow. The spring and ball was seized so I freed that up, changed the filter. now I have all the gears :thumbsup:. what I need to do is figure out how to get the back tires away from the cab, the lugs are rubbing on the hinge. trying to figure this out any one out there with suggestions. I was wondering if I can turn the rims if that would be too hard on the rear end gear..

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #46  
Thanks for that great update.

I could cry:mur:

started the ford yesterday, noticed it had a vibration in the steering wheel more then usual, when it pulls away it needs more fuel to get it to move in the gears then it would take when it caught, I used it for a while then I shut it off for a while. went out a hour or two later and started it up and got it going same thing happening, took it out on the road to turn and it stopped moving and I notice trans fluid dripping out of the inspection plate on the bottom of the tranny. I used the hoe to get it back in the yard. bought a manual on line and it doesn't have the power reversing transmission on it. son of a &^*&)*. any suggestions out there... what to check first.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #48  
See if there is an expection plate(s) that you can pull without removing the the hoe. There may be a line or connection that is leaking. Add a couple gallons of fluid if reqired to get it to full and see if it stopped moving just due to low fluid.

Do not beat your head bloody just yet.:D

I know my BIL had to rebuilt his reverser unit but do not know any other details.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #49  
gammer....like gale says, don't beat your head bloody just yet.

Could it be as simple as the tranny fluid has all leaked out around the gasket on the inspection plate? (Wasn't low fluid a problem when you first got the tractor?) If so, that's an easy fix. Hope so. Let us know.

tks guys,

I'm stunned sometimes, hard to believe I once worked on vehicles, wow it's the first thing I should have checked. I figured where I changed it a couple of months ago I thought it would be fine, not thinking where it is so old to keep an eye on it, anyway I checked and the fluid level is alright but... it is contaminated, I thought I drained it good enough let it drip over night. So I will need to change it again and filter. I'm wondering if this will make it do what it is doing... need to find a chapter that covers power reversing transmissions..