No idea what year this Backhoe is

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is
Tks Gale,

what really has my head scratching, is when the unit was off any time of the day or night I could go out and move the shifter without starting the tractor, before all this.. and now it won't move running or not.
1.Or is it not supposed to move when the engine is not running?
2.Does the transmission hold the pressure on the block valves to allow it to move without the engine running??

:confused:

Or am I over thinking. I just want to be thorough.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #62  
One will have to find the logic flow chart of the system I expect to answer those questions.

first I must find a logic person to read it.. lol

Yes, looking at it,

I just removed the high pressure line test gauge plug, like you suggested and wound the motor over with nothing coming out of the line, also the blocker valve body is off with nothing coming from the port holes. mmmmmmmm... doh!

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #64  
Does the hoe and FEL use the same source of fluid or do you have to levels that you have to check and maintain?

It seems you have a supply issue to the transmission. If you do not have flow from the test port nearest the transmission pump then you have a blockage, twisted shaft, etc would be my guess.

Personally I would idle the tractor and see if you get any fluid at the test port that you have open.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #65  
The only time the F-N-R shift lever is supposed to be locked in neutral is when the engine is turning at 1200-1500 RPM or higher. That's when the pump creates enough pressure to overcome the springs in the blocker valve that keep the blocker pins from entering the F-N-R control valve bore between the lands on the spool. If the lever won't move and the linkage is free, it seems to me that either one or both of the blocking pins (or something else) is jammed in the valve bore. But that wouldn't explain the lack of oil pressure.

The transmission and Fel/hoe have separate reservoirs.

Gammer - I'll scan some more and e-mail to you.

Awesome Tks,

Your a life saver!!

I'm stumped, trying to rap my head around this, I don't want to pull it apart until I know If the pump is gone or something like that. I'm pretty shore that something is blocked. I'm wondering If I can send compressed air through the pressure test line, and how much pressure is safe without damaging anything.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #67  
Since the transmission and Fel/hoe have separate reservoirs is it possible you over looked one? Which reservoir did you put the Sea Foam in or did you do both?

When you topped of the transmission reservoir how much oil it it hold. Did it leak out again like before? Could you have an air block for some reason that is causing the pressure not to build?

The transmission itself is isolated from the rest of the unit will hold app 18L.
It didn't leak out but I need to change it,

:thumbsup:

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #69  
The normal line pressure at the test port varies from 95 to 170 psi depending on temperature and engine speed. Since that's in the same range as normal compressed air (at least in my shop), it might be worth trying to blow back through the test port. Maybe try shifting the F-N-R lever while you have air pressure applied.

:thumbsup:
Tks, herringchoker for the input,

I did put some air through the test port, with no change. I'm in the process of changing the fluid in the tranny, trying to get has much of the contaminated fluid out. I think I had too much in it, It calls for 18L I had about 20L+, doesn't help. anyone guess why the tranny lost it's pressure completely. Did anyone ever take the 2 lower pressure regulating valve bolt and bypass valve bolt off without removing the tranny?

Attachments

• FordReverser3.jpg
    FordReverser3.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Transmission Oil.jpg
    Transmission Oil.jpg
    893.5 KB · Views: 99