No idea what year this Backhoe is

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #71  
I don't see how you can get at those without removing the tranny.

Have you checked to see if there is oil flow to the cooler? (See the oil-to-cooler test - p. 32). You can do that externally.

I was just looking at the Diagnosis Guide (p. 34) for low line pressure (you have no line pressure?) and it lists among the possible causes: sticking regulating valve, clogged oil distributor passages, and clogged sump oil strainer. I'm still wondering if some crud from the dirty oil got into some of those small passages. Hate to say it, but I can't see how you can find out without removing the tranny.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is
:shocked:

Dho!

tks, herringchoker

I'm wondering if the oil was too contaminated that it lost it's prime & that's why there is no pressure.. or if it is even possible....

it's pissing me off, if I remove the tranny , do I change the torque converter, seals & pump to be on the safe side mmmmmmmmm!
where to order these parts? I will need to sell my home, if I order from the dealer I guess lol

It would be nice to know if they need to be replaced!!

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #73  
That fliud looks like that in the lift of our old dump truck. My brother said valves can rust in position when parked when you have that much water in the oil but I have never looked inside of a valve. :)

put clean fluid in the tranny & pulled the plug from the cooler line while the engine was running to see if any pressure was there, not a drop came out :confused:

going to start pulling it apart this week.....:drink: wondering what to replace besides the torque, pump & seals. Where to buy these parts...

does anyone know what other rims out there will fit on the front of a 4500 Ford
an old 70's 3/4 ton ford for instances.

16" 6 hole

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #75  
Sorry to hear that - splitting the tractor is a big job, especially with the cab. Keep us posted.
Re the wheels, 3/4 tons have had 8-stud wheels since almost forever. Ford 1-tons up to 1966 and Dodge up to about 1969? had 6-bolt rims, but I don't know if the bolt centres were the same as the tractor. You might have better luck with agricultural equipment. Newer GM 1/2 tons also have 6-bolt wheels.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #76  
Could there be a collapsed filter or something. Pumps seldom just quit like that from my limited experience.

I was this was the case but no, I changed the fluid & Oil with no avail.

Need to know were to buy a Torque Converter & Pump, with seals.
finally getting nice weather!!

:drink:
:thumbsup:

Split the Machine, not good, here are the pics, torque converter damaged, I'm not surprised. Just hope the shaft on the pump side is ok. Anyone know how to remove the pump? Was the plate on the Torque Converter altered with the weld around the bolts or is this normal... :(

Attachments

• DSCF2233.jpg
    DSCF2233.jpg
    988 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF2238.jpg
    DSCF2238.jpg
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF2242.jpg
    DSCF2242.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 134
  • DSCF2232.jpg
    DSCF2232.jpg
    868.9 KB · Views: 151
   / No idea what year this Backhoe is #79  
Looks like you did a great job of getting it opened up. Hope you find what you need in the way of parts at a good price.

/ No idea what year this Backhoe is #80  
Did you get page 12 of the manual? It looks like you just have to remove the 4 bolts to remove the pump.
It looks to me that the drive plate may have had some fatigue cracks around the bolts and somebody has welded them up, but I never had mine apart that far so that's just a guess.