My Mahindra 4530 has no power

/ My Mahindra 4530 has no power #1  

whitetailworks

Tractor
Mahindra 4530
I bought a used Mahindra 4530 with 260hrs and I am having a ton of problems....please help.

1. when tractor is under a load, typically going uphill...engine starts to smoke and tractor "wet stacks" and just wants to keep running...looks like oil of fuel is getting into exhaust from the breather tube. I disconnected the breather tube to the exhaust and problem goes away...

2. Also noticing that tractor has no power going up a hill...runs good at idle and I can rev it up to run PTO implemtents but hit a little hill and its done..

thanks

Jon

/ My Mahindra 4530 has no power #2  
Sorry to hear this. How long have you had it? did the prior owner know of these problems? Seems strange....

/ My Mahindra 4530 has no power #3  
What kind of 'hill'? You're not in a higher range are you?
Welcome to TBN.

/ My Mahindra 4530 has no power
Sorry to hear this. How long have you had it? did the prior owner know of these problems? Seems strange....

not long...no the previous owner said the tractor worked great...

no...not in high gear...not a big hill by any means...i changed the fuel filters too....injection pump??

/ My Mahindra 4530 has no power #6  
I bought a used Mahindra 4530 with 260hrs and I am having a ton of problems....please help.

1. when tractor is under a load, typically going uphill...engine starts to smoke and tractor "wet stacks" and just wants to keep running...looks like oil of fuel is getting into exhaust from the breather tube. I disconnected the breather tube to the exhaust and problem goes away...

2. Also noticing that tractor has no power going up a hill...runs good at idle and I can rev it up to run PTO implemtents but hit a little hill and its done..

thanks

Jon

No power under load sounds still like a fuel problem, could be an obstruction in the tank blocking the fuel. Is it pouring out unobstructed?
Buck

Last edited:
i change filters and fuel seems to be flowing good to them

/ My Mahindra 4530 has no power #8  
Is there too much oil in it? Does it have the right dip stick? I would change the oil first and put in the amount stated in the manual, not by what the dipstick says. Check this as compared to the oil level before the change to confirm proper amount.

Nothing silly like parking break set is it?

I would remove the fuel line from the injector pump and verify good flow from the fuel tank though the shut off then the sediment bowl and down the line also. I have seen fuel lines broken down inside from bio blended fuels. Also on some tractors there is a fine screen prior to the injector pump inside the fuel line where it connects to the injector pump.

If you are not familiar with diesel tractors the plumbing usually goes like this. Fuel tank, fuel shut off, sediment bowl, FUEL PUMP (part of the injector pump assembly), fuel filter, back to the INJECTOR PUMP, fuel injectors, then excess fuel back to the fuel tank.

Chris

/ My Mahindra 4530 has no power #9  
I don't know much about Mahindras but I'm curious about this .... "breather tube to the exhaust".

Can you clarify that a little more?

Mark

/ My Mahindra 4530 has no power #10  
I would check fuel flow. Pull the filter closest to the tank. Then open the fuel shut off valve see what kind of flow ya have.