PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower

/ PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower #1  

Route150

Tractor
Kubota B3030
SO...I'm trying to help out the neighbor with the 2' of drifted snow yesterday and I'm running the snowblower off the rear PTO. I hear a short "thunk" and now the PTO wont engage the snowblower. Snowblower still turns when pushed by hand and the PTO shaft turns, but I can't get the tractor to engage the shaft.
ANY help or thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Ed

/ PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower #2  
Not sure I understand what you're trying to say. Does the tractor's PTO turn? And the blower drive line connected to the Tractor's PTO shaft turns?

But, I think you need to see if the blower's shear bolt did it's job (sheared) first off. The blower's manual should describe the process.

BTW, you don't need to post the same question in two forums...makes responding difficult.

/ PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower #3  
Welcome to TBN.
I'm guessing RJ is right. You probably broke a shear pin. That's their job. Better that then breaking the tractor PTO.
If you post back with the make and model of your snowblower, I'm pretty sure someone on here can tell you where the shear pins are located. Once you find them, its a good idea to keep spares on hand.

Wedge

/ PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower #4  
I think he is saying the PTO will not engage via the tractor but turns by hand. Thinking it's a bigger problem than a shear pin on the snowblower.

/ PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower #5  
I interpret it the same as Giz...... Unless there is a separate shear pin is for the feeder auger (like mine has), in that case spinning the impeller would still turn the PTO, but not the auger.

I hope it's just a shear pin, that's an easy fix.

-Jer.

/ PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower
Thanks to everyone for their posts.

IT WAS THE SHEAR PIN!! Thank god!
Although, I repaired it, got to the end of the driveway...and then broke it off again. :-(

/ PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower #7  
Cool, I was afraid it may have been something with the PTO shaft itself.
Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield.

/ PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower #8  
Cool, I was afraid it may have been something with the PTO shaft itself.
Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield.

I twisted a PTO on my flail when I first got it.

Apparently the shaft for the fertilizer spreader and the shaft for the mower ARE NOT interchangeable..... uuuggghhh. I won't do that again.

-Jer.

/ PTO went "thunk"...now wont engage the snowblower #9  
Thanks to everyone for their posts.

IT WAS THE SHEAR PIN!! Thank god!
Although, I repaired it, got to the end of the driveway...and then broke it off again. :-(

You will either need to by a bunch of shear pins or put something heavier in and use a slip clutch. You can buy a ton of shear pins for the cost of a slip clutch.

Wedge