Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC?

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #1  

tillboy2001

Gold Member
Obviously this goofball doesn't know how to operate machinery or he would have been able to straighten himself out and got in the middle of the road before the tow truck tried to pull him backwards. Either that or the tow truck driver is clueless and should know better than to pull this loader back into the SUV. Either way....wow. He really screws up this SUV parked on the side of the street. What idiots....

YouTube - NY's Dumbest; NYC sanitation workers destroy a Ford Explorer

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #2  
nice peace of driving lol thanks for sharing .

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #3  
I can laugh because it's not my car.
I see a very happy lawery somewhere.

And before someone else say's it.

"That'll buff right out." :laughing: :laughing:

Wedge

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #4  
Wedge: Man'nn, I wanted to say that! Poor Mike Bloomberg, he won't be the next President.

Jim

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #5  
I'm in no way defending what I saw, but NYC and many other cities have laws regarding No Parking in certain areas during snow storms (in order to create emergency vehicle access). The City may have no liability.

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #6  
I'm in no way defending what I saw, but NYC and many other cities have laws regarding No Parking in certain areas during snow storms (in order to create emergency vehicle access). The City may have no liability.

Liability or not, that "operator" is a downright idiot who should NEVER be allowed to operate heavy machinery in a public area. There is no way at all that he failed to notice what he was doing. No way.

That's one of the worst demonstrations of wilful negligence that I've ever seen.

On a more practical note... how come he didn't ground the bucket and "walk" the front end out of that little mess? :confused:

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #7  
Liability or not, that "operator" is a downright idiot who should NEVER be allowed to operate heavy machinery in a public area. There is no way at all that he failed to notice what he was doing. No way.
That's one of the worst demonstrations of wilful negligence that I've ever seen.
On a more practical note... how come he didn't ground the bucket and "walk" the front end out of that little mess? :confused:
I think you covered the reason that the person in the loader didnt do that in the first part of your post. The loose nut behind the wheel was an idiot.

The tow truck driver should have also
1. Been on the car side of the road
2. Hooked from the RH side of the truck
3. Hooked onto the RH side of the loader
That would have pulled the loader more sideways and not straight back into the SUV.

Being as there is video evidence of them doing it, I smell a lawsuit (or an out of court settlement)

Aaron Z

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #8  
I read a news story about this and the SUV that was destroyed was a state own vehicle, but the car in front was not. The person who drives the state owned SUV also owns the car that wrecked.

Neither of the drivers knew what they were doing, or cared about anybody's property. Both should be fired and made to pay damages.

This may seem cruel, but I've watched the video 3 times so far this moning and crack up every time. The comentary is hilarious.
"You're gonna need more than a supervisor" :laughing: :laughing:

Wedge

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #9  
Looked to me like 2 cars damaged, the tow truck drive I think slid into the front little car, and when the SUV was trashed it banged into the front car also.
You know when you get hung up on some car, just "give her he**" and drive thru it. As Bugs Bunny would say "what a maroon"

James K0UA

/ Did you guys see this guy on the loader in NYC? #10  
Ah yes,

The "wet greasy snow syndrome
with tires that are ment for mining
which have non directional treads.

Not that I am excusing it, or the fact
that this happens in snow emergencies
in New York or any other large city they
reimburse the vehicle owner for the damages
as a matter of doing business.

The problem that have down there and in other cities
is that they do not install snow tires and chains on their
machinery nor are they prepared for thie need to mount
snow tires and chains on front end loaders.

They most likely diconnected the 4 wheel drive on this
loader as is done on many instances(been there done that)
and thats why its doing what it is doing in the film.

If they had a set of chains on the rears or had one set of
tires loaded with calcium it would have never been an issue
as the light non directional tread tires simply skidded over
all the snow as the operator did not lower the boom to the
ground when pushing; it behaved just like a grain scoop
shovel would when it used to push snow and become a
sliding mass of sheet metal that wanders.

This would never occur in mountain country as they have chains on all for wheels right Nick:laughing:

Oh about the bucket issue They are not allowed to tip the lip into pavement as it will damage the asphault and lead to cutting into utility vaults and the shallow tunnel network they have for some their utilities like steam heat for example and storm drains as they have combined sewers for storm watert and waste water- if they had done that the loader would have ended up on the sidewalk because of the non directional mining/logging tires they use.

If they had snow pushers the issues would have been the same as they could not get traction for the reasons stated above.

Thats why I love Mercedes UNIMOGS

Its another one of those WHOOPSIE!!!!! Moments with Chelsea Handler