Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

Default Just happy to be here to post this

I've been putting in some new water lines at my house. I had the wire locator service out and they had everything all marked out. Going along with the trencher and all of the sudden it's like the fourth of July. Transformers start blowing on the poles and the trencher is lit up for about 2 seconds. It seems when they came out to find the lines they mapped out the old main line. They put their finder on the old line and sprayed it out. They didn't use their current finder one. Well to say the least I was out with our local utility company until about 3 in the morning digging out lines and replacing them. Just glad it didn't shock me!!!! Pretty scary when the experts get it wrong.

Tractor
    Deere 4310 HST MFWD

Default Re: Just happy to be here to post this

Sure glad to still have you around.

Didn't anyone ever tell you the only sure way to find those lines was a hoe?[img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Got to see those same lights last week, sure is unsettling. Had a tree "professional" lay a limb onto the lines. He came within an inch of blowing his legs off....

You are ONE LUCKY MAN .

Good to hear you are still with us.

Egon

Tractor
    Kubota L2500DT w/FEL

Guess there ARE some good things to be said about above ground lines!!!! OUCH

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)

Not only that you are safe, but its their mistake not yours, for the cost to repair.
    PJ

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Now thats to darn close for comfort...but sure glad your okay down there. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Wow! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/img] Glad to hear you're OK. So, what prevented you from being lit up like a Christmas tree, too?

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

That's what they were trying to figure out last night. Their thought was that since the trencher was in the ground then the current went to the ground through the trencher bar and not up through the tractor. If I would have had the backhoe I probably wouldn't be writing this.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4300

Wow, that will take the boredom out of trenching. Glad that you are OK. What does the finder service have to say? These days I am surprised the first person on the scene did not have you sign a release.

Veteran Member
    Cherry Valley, New York (near Cooperstown, NY)
    Tractor
    Kubota L4630, with cab and loader, 1951 Ferguson TO-20, 1986 Ford 5610 with loader

Richard, I'm sure glad to hear that you're OK!!! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast