Big Day

/ Big Day #1  

ustmd

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
So after 1.5 years of trying, I finally got my 4 1/2 year old daughter to ride on the tractor with me today--we groomed the sand arena.

It was great for both of us. The FEL was a big hit with her.

Even better, she asked if she could ride on the riding lawn mower with me.

While I am tempted to start now, I think I will wait until she is 5 or 6 before I tape wood blocks on the petals and turn her lose to bush hog the pastures :laughing:.

/ Big Day #2  
So after 1.5 years of trying, I finally got my 4 1/2 year old daughter to ride on the tractor with me today--we groomed the sand arena.

It was great for both of us. The FEL was a big hit with her.

Even better, she asked if she could ride on the riding lawn mower with me.

While I am tempted to start now, I think I will wait until she is 5 or 6 before I tape wood blocks on the petals and turn her lose to bush hog the pastures :laughing:.
Wow, i'm surprised it took so long.........around here, they want to operate before they can formulate the words:)

Congrats on getting her on the tractor, now teach her to do the rest, sit back and enjoy life.

/ Big Day #3  
I have no problem with it, but uh ohhhhhhhhhh I think I hear the safety police coming. Lol ZMAN :)

/ Big Day #4  
I have no problem with it, but uh ohhhhhhhhhh I think I hear the safety police coming. Lol ZMAN :)
My nephew was driving tractors and cars(off road only) at 6 years old.

/ Big Day #5  
My daughter was a little reluctant to ride on the tractor with me until she was about 3yrs old (she is now 4.5yrs and loves it) but my boy (who is now 21months) on the other hand, from the time he was old enough to sit up on his own (without support or a car seat) has been very adamant that if the tractor is running and moving he is to be on it. I won't take him if I am doing any hills or running the mower and we keep the speed down, but he loves to ride when I am rototilling or dragging the driveway.

/ Big Day #6  
My daughter was a little reluctant to ride on the tractor with me until she was about 3yrs old (she is now 4.5yrs and loves it) but my boy (who is now 21months) on the other hand, from the time he was old enough to sit up on his own (without support or a car seat) has been very adamant that if the tractor is running and moving he is to be on it. I won't take him if I am doing any hills or running the mower and we keep the speed down, but he loves to ride when I am rototilling or dragging the driveway.
That's how they learn:thumbsup:

EDIT: I'm going to go a little farther with this post.

My son is 26 now, he can't mow a straight line(now mind you, he has problems). But, I think, if I would have put him on my knee, while I was mowing, tilling, plowing snow, or just moving things around...............things may be different now.

But wifey said .................no, he's too young...............

Never too young, IMHO

/ Big Day #7  
That's cool. I remember my dad used to let me ride in his lap on his riding mower every time he'd mow the grass when I was 5. I think he did it until I was around 8 and then let me ride the mower.

My mom wasn't to satisfied about it though.

I remember I was 8 or 9 and my dad had left the keys in his car. I got in it and sped off around the corner. I picked my older brother up down the street and sped off around the street corners. I didn't even stop for the stop signs. :laughing:

All this time my brother was holding on and he actually messed his pants on the ride. :laughing: I was doing good until I was pulling into the driveway. I didn't turn the steering wheel straight enough and went into the neighbors fence and tree. I totaled that car. I then ran in the house and hid under the bed to avoid getting a spanking. I knew I was in big trouble. :laughing:

After the cops came and left I did get a spanking. My brother denied being with me but the cops found his knee imprints on the dash.

My mom was sleeping when the crash happened but my brother got out of the car before me and ran into tell mom. As soon as he got out I ran around the back and waited for mom to come out then headed in the back door and went to my room where I crawled under the bed.

My dad even denied that he left the keys in the car. But there they were in the ignition. :laughing:

Chad

/ Big Day
Wow, i'm surprised it took so long.........around here, they want to operate before they can formulate the words:)

Congrats on getting her on the tractor, now teach her to do the rest, sit back and enjoy life.

Thanks...she was afriad of the noise. I got around that issue by having her go with me to pick out "special" ear protection headphones at the store.

I may have created amonster...today it is nothing but when are we going to drive the tractor:laughing:

/ Big Day #9  
That's cool. I remember my dad used to let me ride in his lap on his riding mower every time he'd mow the grass when I was 5. I think he did it until I was around 8 and then let me ride the mower.

My mom wasn't to satisfied about it though.

I remember I was 8 or 9 and my dad had left the keys in his car. I got in it and sped off around the corner. I picked my older brother up down the street and sped off around the street corners. I didn't even stop for the stop signs. :laughing:

All this time my brother was holding on and he actually messed his pants on the ride. :laughing: I was doing good until I was pulling into the driveway. I didn't turn the steering wheel straight enough and went into the neighbors fence and tree. I totaled that car. I then ran in the house and hid under the bed to avoid getting a spanking. I knew I was in big trouble. :laughing:

After the cops came and left I did get a spanking. My brother denied being with me but the cops found his knee imprints on the dash.

My mom was sleeping when the crash happened but my brother got out of the car before me and ran into tell mom. As soon as he got out I ran around the back and waited for mom to come out then headed in the back door and went to my room where I crawled under the bed.

My dad even denied that he left the keys in the car. But there they were in the ignition. :laughing:

Chad

Wow! You were a bad boy...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Big Day #10  
yesterday iok my 15 month great nephew on the tractor an he loved it.when i parked the tractor an let the hay forks down he was man no more riding.he loves the tractor as his grandpa takes him for tractor rides as well.he is so cute when starts reaching for the tractor.an he loves raising the loader.