Chains New chains...Does this look right ???!!!

/ New chains...Does this look right ???!!! #11  
You have to pay to ship they chains back,after they said it was there mistake /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif than on top of that pay shipping for the right set of chains?? /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif doesn't seem fair.

/ New chains...Does this look right ???!!!
Hi,

<font color=blue>You have to pay to ship they chains back,after they said it was there mistake </font color=blue>

Sorry for any confusion! I meant shipping must be paid three times by someone...

First time by me...and second and third time by them [return of the originals and shipping of the right ones.

I am assuming that they will pay the shipping costs since they sent the wrong item. Had I ordered the wrong item, then I would be expected to pay all the shipping costs.

Mistakes happen...I lose time dealing with it, they lose time and money for additional shipping. I have to track my credit card charges and make sure they credit me for the chains when the receive them back, if I want them to send the right ones to me before they get the wrong ones back...

I have to call them on Monday morning and get this straightened out...my limited dealings with them indicate they are good people, so I guess they will make this right.

Either way I will post an update /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ New chains...Does this look right ???!!! #13  
I bought from tirechains.com last week too. Luckily, they fit my tractor. I also got their little binder tool, which was very helpful in installing the tensioner springs. Here's some photos.

Attachments

• 47-211884-Both.jpg
    47-211884-Both.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 118
   / New chains...Does this look right ???!!! #14  
Here's a close-up of the front tire. The front chains are much lighter weight than the rear chains. I would guess they are half the diameter of the rear links.

Attachments

• 47-211886-Front.jpg
    47-211886-Front.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 121
   / New chains...Does this look right ???!!! #15  
I purchased chains from tirechains.com for my TC 21 D. I received them and installed them and they fit about like yours did. I called tirechains. com and was told I would have to cut the chains and that was the way they sent them plenty long. I thought that was not right since I had given them my tire size, tire type and tractor model, you would think with this info they could give an exact fit. Needless to say I cut the chains to fit and wasn't very happy about it. Bottom line it will probably be to your advantage to either cut them or have someone cut them for you. I won't buy from tirechains.com next time. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ New chains...Does this look right ???!!! #16  
Last shot: the rear chains. I think, I will try to add one or two more cross links near the connector. Currently there's almost a foot with no cross link chains. I'm not sure if it is a fit issue, a design issue, or if they were just trying to save a buck or two.

Special Event: It the first time my wife posed with the tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 47-211889-Rear.jpg
    47-211889-Rear.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 108
   / New chains...Does this look right ???!!! #17  
<font color=blue>It the first time my wife posed with the tractor</font color=blue>

I'll bet it won't be the last time, though, judging by that big smile./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ New chains...Does this look right ???!!! #18  
BigDave
Your chains on the rear tires don't look like they are on correctly. Evidence is that about 10 - 11 o'clock, there are two cross links that are practically on top of each other, yet the spacing on the side chain looks like it is the same as the others (every other one). I think if you move those cross links around so they are evenly spaced on the tire, you will find that the space between the connectors is filled in rather than in need of more cross links. If that is the way you want them, fine by me. But I think you will find that, with use, they will want to move around on the tire and will become very loose even tho the spring tighteners will work hard to keep them tight. My guess is that the side chains are plenty long and you will need to take off some of that length.
Before putting on the tighteners, I would jack up the tire and spin it several times or run it up and down the road to get the cross links to settle in, which should give you a chance to take some links up at the side chain connection. I'd like to see your chains look almost as good as the model posing with them.

/ New chains...Does this look right ???!!!
Beenthere, is absolutely right. Those chains are way too loose on the tire. If you leave them the way they are, you're going to walk em right off the machine, at the worst possible time, and you can do a lot of damage when it happens.
The cross chains need to be spaced out more, and the side chains need to be tightened, on both the front and rear set.
Then again, I only been running chains on tires for about 45 years, I might be wrong.

/ New chains...Does this look right ???!!! #20  
<font color=blue> I might be wrong. </font color=blue>

O.K. I am wrong. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif I'll take another try when it snows. The rears are hard to install do to lack of fender room, any suggestions?