Chains Chains for pulling

/ Chains for pulling #21  
Egon,
Indeed I do give a little verbale persuasion when lugging in dirt or snow...just whisper tender words than hang on. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Chains for pulling #22  
I'm gonna take some pictures of the trees that I have knocked over. I'm guessing about 16" in diameter. Tractor took it right over without digging around the roots.

However, a slightly "larger" locust was not going to be had /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif. It did a little bend job on the 7' bucket!!

I agree with ya Jimpaulus.

RedDog <font color=orange> Kioti DK65 </font color=orange>

/ Chains for pulling #23  
Macher:
The size of a sapling is directly dependant on the size of your tractor.

Egon

/ Chains for pulling #24  
Re: Saplings/seedlings? Chains for pulling

<font color=blue>...I chop them up with the brush hog. Real effective and fast...</font color=blue>

Hi Fred...

If I was a sapling and saw your 'big' tractor coming at me... I'd try to jump out of the ground and get out of the way... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Chains for pulling #25  
Re: Saplings/seedlings? Chains for pulling

Phred,

I too sometimes like to just bush hog this size of brush, but occasionally, depending on the future use of the site, do not wish to have the small "stumplets" sticking up out of the ground. At least for me, this is one reason that I too like to sometimes just rip them right up out of the ground./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Chains for pulling #26  
Rick,

It was almost dark, I was tired and I already had the chain with me. I just tossed it around the base to see if I could get it quickly and just drag it to the burn pile. It worked and I did. Had it not I would have waited until the next day to use the BH.

Of course, that just brings up my true and absolute need for some auxilliary lighting on my tractor, now doesn't it? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Chains for pulling #27  
Be carefull and use the drawbar when pulling. I had a girlfriends father turn his ford tractor over on top of himself about 20 years ago pulling logs. He hooked to the tractor up near where the top link attaches. The log caught on something on a trail and pulled the machine over on top of him. The stearing wheel crushed his chest when it came over on top of him. It took two fairly large wreckers and an entire volunteer fire department to get the tractor off of him. Fortunately he is still here to tell the story. I havent seen him in about 10 years. I got dumped by his daughter. From what I here to date the only tractor he will get on now is a sears garden mower to gut his grass.

/ Chains for pulling #28  
<font color=blue>Be carefull and use the drawbar when pulling....He hooked to the tractor up near where the top link attaches.</font color=blue>
I am all for being careful, however someone might relate using the drawbar with flipping over. Hooking onto the drawbar, which is below the axle, should eliminate the possibility of the tractor flipping over backwards.

/ Chains for pulling #29  
Jim:
My bucket cutting edge wore out long ago and was replaced with a 1/2 in. by 4 in. welded on edge. It don't bend cause my tractor is too small.

Egon