Front to rear balance

/ Front to rear balance
<font color=blue>When you have trouble steering, do you lift the blade slightly so it is being carried by the tractor? or leave in float? Lifting slightly will add weight to the front wheels. Also, are you using the right and left brakes individually to assist the steering? That will help too. </font color=blue>

I did lift the blade a bit, but it really didn't seem to make much difference. Maybe I should hang those weights out there and see if that makes a big difference. However, I had no trouble the day before when I had all those sand tubes in the rear scoop. I'll experiment a bit. Probably will end up with chains if I have any more problems. The snow had packed down a bit, so now I was on something that was very close to ice.. not quite but close enough! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BTW, I didn't have much trouble steering, really.. what I found was that where I was having trouble, it was because there was quite a slope of ice.. only extending about 20 feet. So I start pushing snow up it, and the whole tractor would slide sideways. I thought I was having steering problems.. but I think really I was just having traction problems and not quite realizing what was happening. The tractor didn't tip.. it just kept veering away from where I was aiming. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice.. I'll keep you posted....

Bob

/ Front to rear balance
Just had an interesting experience today. I had the rear dirt scoop off, so I could work with the generator later today. Ended up hoplessly stuck in a ditch. Called the farmer next door. He said "Sure, I'll pull you out. It might be a while though.. say about 15 minutes?" These guys are great! He pulled me out.. and that's the last time I plow snow without the rear weights on! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

He said don't feel bad.. he can't count the number of times he did the same thing in the ditches around this area!

Bob