3-Point Hitch Problems

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #11  
That nut on the adjusting turnbuckle has to come loose. Put some torque on it with a long wrench. The turnbuckle will all rotate a bit but it will stop after about a 1/4 turn and then the nut will come loose.

The turnbuckle has a right hand thread (the nut side) and a left hand thread on the other side. Rotating the center part will lengthen or shorten the total length. 50% of the time you will turn it in the right direction although it seems to be only 10%.

Anyway, lengthening it will allow the ball on the end of the lower link to swing out past the mounting pin on the carryall. Then you can hook it up and tighten the turnbuckle so the carryall doesn't swing side to side throwing off whatever you are carrying.

It is a pain to do often which is why so many people like the sliding stabilizers. They are a bit expensive.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #12  
Question #2:

Can I use hitch pins in place of cotter pins in these places? The cotter pins got all bent, and one fell out.

Kubota uses cotter pins in places they figure will never need changing out. You can use the "R" pins and they will work just fine.

Once you get the hang of using the turnbuckle you won't need to take out those pins again.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #13  
I cant really add much other than I agree with everyone else.

The turn-buckle should work just like the toplink as already mentioned, once you get the jamb nut busted loose.

And you can use whatever you want for pins and clips, just as long as they are a good/proper fit and dont come out.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #14  
You are doing it wrong -Once you get it loose you wont have to remove the cotterpins to get the arms all the way open. I am sure of this because when I finally got my first implement on my BX24 I could not get it on for 5 hours. same deal!
Even after you get it working the way it should it is a pain. I was researching an open ended ratchet until I got my new tractor. For larger implements you have got to turn those quite a bit.
If it doesnt make sense send me a pm

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #15  
Also, you can reverse the pins on the carryall so that they point inwards...

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems
The "jam nut/locking nut" on both my BX's were initially really hard to get loose the first time and I even skinned my knuckles on one, but they will come loose and you can adjust.

Sometimes I will tighten it back down and sometimes not; just depends.

You can replace the attachment pin and someone on here showed how they did it. They used it to quickly hook up to the same implement, or implements with the same width. They didn't use an R pin, but I suppose you could.

Thanks. I was able to get the nut loose.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems
Kubota uses cotter pins in places they figure will never need changing out. You can use the "R" pins and they will work just fine.

Once you get the hang of using the turnbuckle you won't need to take out those pins again.

Yes, I replaced them with cotter pins since I will not need to take them out again...

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems
You are doing it wrong -Once you get it loose you wont have to remove the cotterpins to get the arms all the way open. I am sure of this because when I finally got my first implement on my BX24 I could not get it on for 5 hours. same deal!
Even after you get it working the way it should it is a pain. I was researching an open ended ratchet until I got my new tractor. For larger implements you have got to turn those quite a bit.
If it doesnt make sense send me a pm

Yes, now that I got it fixed I see that I will not need to take them out again.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems
Thanks for the help everyone!!! :thumbsup: I was able to get the nuts loose and get everything tight and level. Now I have one last question: to get the implement off, I just turn the main nut the opposite way and leave the stop nut in the same spot, right? Oh, and here are the pics:

Attachments

• 000_0039.JPG
    000_0039.JPG
    447.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 000_0043.JPG
    000_0043.JPG
    428 KB · Views: 732
  • 000_0044.JPG
    000_0044.JPG
    349.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 000_0045.JPG
    000_0045.JPG