3-Point Hitch Problems

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Question #1:

I'm having problems hooking up my new carryall on my BX25's 3-point hitch. To hook it up to the lift arms, I have to loosen this link (picture #1), but to do that I have to disconnect the pin and take the whole end off (picture #2). Is the link supposed to move without disconnecting the end???

Attachments

• IMG00075.JPG
    IMG00075.JPG
    774.6 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG00074.JPG
    IMG00074.JPG
    776.4 KB · Views: 591
   / 3-Point Hitch Problems
Question #2:

Can I use hitch pins in place of cotter pins in these places? The cotter pins got all bent, and one fell out.

Attachments

• IMG00071.JPG
    IMG00071.JPG
    709.5 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG00076.JPG
    IMG00076.JPG
    648.3 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG00074.JPG
    IMG00074.JPG
    776.4 KB · Views: 176
   / 3-Point Hitch Problems
Here are shots of the other link that needs to be loosened to allow the lift arm to move sideways to hook up the carryall:

Attachments

• IMG00067.JPG
    IMG00067.JPG
    717.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG00066.JPG
    IMG00066.JPG
    835.6 KB · Views: 240
   / 3-Point Hitch Problems #4  
CTF, that link should work just like a top link. If you turn the middle nut clock wise it will lengthen or shorten the link and vis-versa. You have to loosen the the locking nut first though.

Wedge

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #5  
Looking at the pics, you should be able to loosen the jam nut and turn the center rod with out disconnecting it. Should work just like a turnbuckle.
You should be able to replace cotter pins with linch pins if you can find the right size, beats using cotter pins, if you are taking them out often.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #6  
I very rarely tighten my lock nut. I keep it loose and don't have a problem with it swinging much. Do they make sliding stabilizer links for the BX25?? They make adjusting the length very easy.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems
CTF, that link should work just like a top link. If you turn the middle nut clock wise it will lengthen or shorten the link and vis-versa. You have to loosen the the locking nut first though.

Wedge

It tried loosening the nut, but then I thought it was stationary since it was not moving...I'll have to try again.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems
I very rarely tighten my lock nut. I keep it loose and don't have a problem with it swinging much. Do they make sliding stabilizer links for the BX25?? They make adjusting the length very easy.

I don't think so.

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems
Looking at the pics, you should be able to loosen the jam nut and turn the center rod with out disconnecting it. Should work just like a turnbuckle.
You should be able to replace cotter pins with linch pins if you can find the right size, beats using cotter pins, if you are taking them out often.

I'm talking about replacing the cotter pins with these: R-clip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

/ 3-Point Hitch Problems #10  
The "jam nut/locking nut" on both my BX's were initially really hard to get loose the first time and I even skinned my knuckles on one, but they will come loose and you can adjust.

Sometimes I will tighten it back down and sometimes not; just depends.

You can replace the attachment pin and someone on here showed how they did it. They used it to quickly hook up to the same implement, or implements with the same width. They didn't use an R pin, but I suppose you could.