Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default 3-Point Hitch Problems

Question #1:

I'm having problems hooking up my new carryall on my BX25's 3-point hitch. To hook it up to the lift arms, I have to loosen this link (picture #1), but to do that I have to disconnect the pin and take the whole end off (picture #2). Is the link supposed to move without disconnecting the end???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img00075-jpg   -img00074-jpg  
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: 3-Point Hitch Problems

Question #2:

Can I use hitch pins in place of cotter pins in these places? The cotter pins got all bent, and one fell out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img00071-jpg   -img00076-jpg   -img00074-jpg  
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Here are shots of the other link that needs to be loosened to allow the lift arm to move sideways to hook up the carryall:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img00067-jpg   -img00066-jpg  
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

CTF, that link should work just like a top link. If you turn the middle nut clock wise it will lengthen or shorten the link and vis-versa. You have to loosen the the locking nut first though.

Wedge
    1967 Ford 4000, Box blade, straight blade, FEL, Rake, Bushhog, Backhoe, Jinma chipper, KKII tiller, Grapple.

Silver Member

Looking at the pics, you should be able to loosen the jam nut and turn the center rod with out disconnecting it. Should work just like a turnbuckle.
    You should be able to replace cotter pins with linch pins if you can find the right size, beats using cotter pins, if you are taking them out often.
    John

Ford 4610 w/ Woods DUal 195 FEL

Tractor
    L2800.

I very rarely tighten my lock nut. I keep it loose and don't have a problem with it swinging much. Do they make sliding stabilizer links for the BX25?? They make adjusting the length very easy.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by wedge40 View Post
    CTF, that link should work just like a top link. If you turn the middle nut clock wise it will lengthen or shorten the link and vis-versa. You have to loosen the the locking nut first though.

Wedge
    It tried loosening the nut, but then I thought it was stationary since it was not moving...I'll have to try again.
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by teg View Post
    I very rarely tighten my lock nut. I keep it loose and don't have a problem with it swinging much. Do they make sliding stabilizer links for the BX25?? They make adjusting the length very easy.
    I don't think so.
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by 77bronco View Post
    Looking at the pics, you should be able to loosen the jam nut and turn the center rod with out disconnecting it. Should work just like a turnbuckle.
    You should be able to replace cotter pins with linch pins if you can find the right size, beats using cotter pins, if you are taking them out often.
    I'm talking about replacing the cotter pins with these: R-clip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

The "jam nut/locking nut" on both my BX's were initially really hard to get loose the first time and I even skinned my knuckles on one, but they will come loose and you can adjust.

Sometimes I will tighten it back down and sometimes not; just depends.

You can replace the attachment pin and someone on here showed how they did it. They used it to quickly hook up to the same implement, or implements with the same width. They didn't use an R pin, but I suppose you could.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast