Quick hitch

/ Quick hitch #1  

ebeacham

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM 723
Hi Guys,
Which quick hitch is the best one to use? I know there have been several threads on this issue, but there have been no definitive answers. What is the best hitch out there considering dollar spent of course.
If money were no object; I like this hitch
http://www.bubco.com/QuickHitches.asp

but at 1000 dollars its a bit rich for me, not to mention that each receiver plate is another 325 bucks. oh well.

/ Quick hitch #2  
Well, since money is an object with me, I'm waiting to see what First Choice (Midwest) {or is that Midwest (First Choice)}/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif comes up with for their Quick Hitch. I think this is about the time frame in which they indicated they would have one and a hydraulic top link, too.

If their other products are any indication, their Quick Hitch should be first class with a bargain price attached.

Jim? Pieter? Any news for us on either or both?? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Quick hitch #3  
Gary............
Notice how Jim dances around that question..??? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Just teasing him, if he's watching.
And Pieter hasn't submitted a post since July, he must be busy.

Jerry

/ Quick hitch #4  
Actually, the bad news is that First Choice is no longer buying products from Midwest. Some First Choice dealers may not be aware of the situation as we have not had the chance to contact them. It is my understanding that First Choice/Buy Smart has some existing inventory of the product we built and they may ship from that stock as supplies last.

The good news is that Midwest is merrily rolling along producing equipment under our own label. We have learned a great deal from our affiliation with Pieter and appreciate his knowledge and experience in 3 point equipment.

So, the bottom line is if your dealer can't get what you want from First Choice, the product is still available from Midwest and can be seen on our web site at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.midwestequipment.net>http://www.midwestequipment.net</A> I just got out of the hospital this morning, but will return to the office Monday ready for action.

Specificly to the question of the quick hitch, it is very close to release by both Midwest and a major tractor OEM. Shortly thereafter, will be the Midwest made rear finish mower and a series of tillers. Looks like a big finish to 2002 for us and we're very excited.

Once again, thanks to all the TBN'ers who provide us input, information and encouragement.

/ Quick hitch #5  
Jim,
Sure hope there is nothing serious wrong. And I also hope your recovery goes well.
It's great news to hear that the quick hitch is advancing to public availability soon /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.
(looking around for the spot that the line will start, so's I get in the front row)

Unfortunate that FC will no longer be selling Midwest eqipment, but it's great knowing we can still get them. I, for one, have always been impressed.

/ Quick hitch #6  
Jerry,
Don't worry. I have one of the first production units reserved for you.

Nothing too serious wrong, but I appreciate your good wishes. I am just glad to be home in time for Thanksgiving.

/ Quick hitch #7  
<font color=blue>Don't worry. I have one of the first production units reserved for you.</font color=blue>

How about a sneak peek? We've been good boys & girls

<font color=blue>Nothing too serious wrong, but I appreciate your good wishes. I am just glad to be home in time for Thanksgiving. </font color=blue>

Glad it wasn't anything too serious.

/ Quick hitch #8  
hazmat,
The sneak previews were posted here <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=175728&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post175728>Look here</A>

Jerry

/ Quick hitch #9  
Jim,
Trade ya......../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
The in-laws are here til Sunday

Jerry

/ Quick hitch #10  
Jim,

I'm sorry to hear of your hospitalization but am certainly happy you're out for the holiday. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

It sounds as though you're growing your business nicely. Getting hooked up with a major OEM has got to be a real coup for you. Congratulations!

Please keep us posted on the quick hitch. Will everything still be available in different colors (most importantly to me, in green)? Is the hydraulic top link/top and tilt something you'll be producing or was that being developed elsewhere?