Pressure washer

/ Pressure washer #1  

Bayrat

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910
<font color=blue>I purchased a 2600psi pressure washer from Sears last fall and have experienced a problem with it that appeared a couple of times last year but is very prevelant this year. The high/low spray is controlled by a nozzle adjustment and I assume what happens it the orfice is restricted to produce the high pressure. I have to pull the trigger several times to make the high pressure work and it seems not to be as powerful a spray as it was last year. It is powered by a Honda engine. Am I correct in assuming the entire process is controlled by the nozzle? It is very frustrating, the thing was not cheap and my Walmart electric sprayer out-performs it. I was thinking about replacing the nozzle.

/ Pressure washer #2  
This should still be in warrenty, I would bring it to the Sears Service Center and have them go over it. Sounds like there is some gunk in the wand head that is restricting the movement from low to high.
PJ

/ Pressure washer #3  
I recently experienced the same problem. I was told by a technician, that because my power washer is not used very often, the check valves get stuck and don't allow pressure to build. This is common if you have hard water or well water. The solution is to remove the check valves and clean or replace as needed. My pump is a Comet 3000 psi. I have three valves on top of the pump and three valves on the side of the pump. They are under brass caps that screw off. I was told to pull the valves out with needle nose pliers. I have not done it yet but it is one of my winter projects.

/ Pressure washer
That could be the answer, I will look at it this week. I have hard water now but the well water wasn't, my unit is not used much. I am unsure of the warranty issue but that will be a last resort, it is a hastle.

/ Pressure washer
I looked inside the pump yesterday and noticed some loose mineral deposits. I drained the water and sprayed wd40 into the inlet and rolled it over until it came out the outlet. Today I will flush it out with rv antifreeze. I found only three valves in mine, that could be due to the lesser PSI than yours.

/ Pressure washer #6  
I'm going to put my two cents worth in. One of my co-workers experienced the same problem. He removed the valves and cleaned them. This is a very common problem with washers when you don't use them often. Manufacturers sell a solution to run through the pump before storage.

/ Pressure washer #7  
On piston type pumps pressure is strictly a function of nozzle restriction.
Hard water and detergents run thru the pump can leave deposits that will prevent the valving from functioning properly. This will usually manifest itself in a pump that fails to develope pressure even with proper nozzle restriction.
Vinegar solution run thru the pump will often disolve offending deposits.

/ Pressure washer
The manual recommends rv antifreeze. I had given the vinegar/acid bath a thought too. I'll see how it goes when I flush it and work from there, have to make the slaw now.

/ Pressure washer #9  
i have a similar washer from sears, when mine plugs up i take the nozzel apart and clean it with the little tool that came with it. this past spring i could get nothing to come out of wand, i have a spare wnad and that worked fine so i figured it was in the nozzel, cleaned it and was fine.

/ Pressure washer
I have checked that Frank, thanks. I was going to flush it out today, but the weather has been so bad, I put the rear blade on the tractor and played with the new plow I bought for my truck.