Tractor
    new holland tc35d

Default Troubleshooting New Holland TC35D

I ran into a problem with my New Holland. It won't start because the PTO safety light is on and won't go off. The battery is fully charged and it will not turn over because the light is on. I went to the local New Holland store and purchased a new sensor switch for the PTO and installed it; however the light still remained on. Since the wiring is connected to the seat sensor I jumped it with a wire thinking that would narrow down the possible options. I came to the conclusion that the PTO sensor which is located directly underneath the PTO lever is working and so is the seat sensor. I checked the 40 amp main fuse with a DVOM and everything checks out. Has anyone ever had this problem and what else can I do? The New Holland dealer can not take the tractor into the shop for another 3 weeks. I really need the tractor working this week for the farm. If anyone has any suggestions or ran into the same problem please let me know.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH TC45D

Default Re: Troubleshooting New Holland TC35D

There is a fuse that blows for a variety of reasons. Most have replaced it with a auto resetting breaker. I gotta go, but if you do a search on you topic in this forum you will get hundreds of hits.

Chris

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

I would double check the installation of the replaced switch. I was looking at the schematic last night for a different issue. There are a bunch of solenoids that work in conjunction with the safety switches.

There are a couple of similar threads, with the steps taken to debug the problem, on the New Holland Owning/Operating forum here.

My TC40D appears to have a bad glow plug timer; it turns over fine, but with temps in the low 20's it does not want to fire.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Tractor
    TC33DA

I have the TC33DA, and mine did same thing. Wire came unplugged under the tractor.
    Paul