Holy Cow Batman

/ Holy Cow Batman #1  

ctgoldwing

Platinum Member
Tractor
L3800HST
Where did all this white stuff come from? There is over 18 new inches here and its still snowing like crazy. I made two passes out of the garage with the blower so the dogs could have a place to 'go'. They are 2 good sized labs and the snow is over them :(

In the 5 minutes I spent outside another inch fell. Here is the latest from a local TV station:

"Intense snow expected through 10:00 a.m.," Storm Team 8 Meteorologist Gil Simmons said. Snow was expected to continue falling into the afternoon, and because the storm was slowing down "I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 30+ inch report," Simmons said.

Careful what you wish for :laughing:

/ Holy Cow Batman #3  
yall are getting dumped on real bad.

/ Holy Cow Batman #4  
Times like this im glad im in Texas. We just have to deal with the cold. Be safe and stay WARM.

/ Holy Cow Batman #5  
yall are getting dumped on real bad.

I think I'm not too far from ctgoldwing. Here in Foster RI, when I went to work this morning at 5:30 we had 10 - 12". Wife tells me were up to 18 now.

/ Holy Cow Batman #6  
They need to make an icon for BRRRRRRRR.:laughing:

/ Holy Cow Batman #7  
Where did all this white stuff come from? There is over 18 new inches here and its still snowing like crazy. I made two passes out of the garage with the blower so the dogs could have a place to 'go'. They are 2 good sized labs and the snow is over them :(

In the 5 minutes I spent outside another inch fell. Here is the latest from a local TV station:

"Intense snow expected through 10:00 a.m.," Storm Team 8 Meteorologist Gil Simmons said. Snow was expected to continue falling into the afternoon, and because the storm was slowing down "I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 30+ inch report," Simmons said.

Careful what you wish for :laughing:

All I can say about this storm is, "FINALLY!!"

My '85 Snapper LT16 w/ front mount blower disposed of the bulk of the stuff on my driveways before I came in to work (at the crack of noon), although it took a fair amount of time. Most of the areas had about a foot. I'm saving my 1000' driveway up north for the weekend - I expect at least 18"-20" there, but I also expect that my L4200 w/ 6' 3pt blower will make mincemeat out of the stuff in no time. Provided it starts...

JayC

/ Holy Cow Batman
Well Jayc its apparently done here. We have about 2 feet. There are some serious drifts in the backyard. The dogs can only go on the driveway, they can't move in the snow. I cleared the driveway enough to go to work at 9 this am. We closed early & I came home & redid everything. There is about 500' of gravel drive & a 50X50 area in front of the garage to clear. Piece of cake :thumbsup:

The only issue occurred when I went into a drift too fast, bogged the engine and the chute jammed with snow. 5 minutes in the garage to clear it & respray with PAM and then back at it.

My neighbor across the street had some commercial guy plow him out - we are on a cul de sac. He plowed his **** snow right in front of my mailbox & left it on the street there :mad: I'm pretty sure the town plows will be back before the mailman comes. I'll wait till they do then go up there & clean things up again.

/ Holy Cow Batman #9  
I'm in central CT also and just got through doing the 2 driveways with the NH. That 68 inch bucket sure works good moving snow.

/ Holy Cow Batman #10  
I'm in north Alabama, we don't do cold.

The plant was closed Monday, I didn't even bother getting up to check on Tuesday (they were open, figures).

The bad news is that it's going to continue freeze/thaw until at least thru Saturday.