Loaders and Lights

/ Loaders and Lights #1  

SethO

Silver Member
It seems that once you have a loader, your front lights are useless. I wonder whether we should have a situation whereby additional lights are installed with your loader, the lights can either be on the ROPS or elsewhere, but definitely high enough to be useful.
Any comments?

Seth

/ Loaders and Lights #2  
seth, 'useless' is such a strong word. you don't feel that lighting the back of the bucket is useful ??? /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

there have been many threads about ligthing and the various and creative ways to mount and wire them. try a search under 'customization'. I have added ( 2 ) trap halogens facing forward and a flood facing the rear. all are mounted to the underside of the rops cross member.

/ Loaders and Lights #3  
It's very common to add lights to the ROPS (with some aimed forward and some aimed backwards). I had a canopy on my last tractor and mounted the lights to the canopy frame (under the canopy). I don't know about the BX, but the B series Kubotas already have a fused circuit with a wire under the seat to tie into for optional work lights. You just need the lights, mounting brackets, wire, and switch.

/ Loaders and Lights #4  
It's interesting that you bring up a connection "under the seat" as there seems to be one on my BX-22 that might meet that description. I haven't had time to check it out with a meter yet, but it definately would solve the, "How to I get power to the ROPS?" question. Although Mother Nature did the snow removal today in SE PA, the FEL does interfere with night-lighting should that be necessary.

/ Loaders and Lights #5  
You could mount the lights on the loader frame, just near the bucket. Since you already have hydraulics, you could add a hydraulic Auto-gyrotational leveler to the brakets, so the lights remain level and pointing forward, no matter the position of the loader.

Of course, the auto-gyro levelor would probably cost twice as much as the tractor did/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Loaders and Lights #6  
Jim, if it's the same as the B series, it has a fuse in the fuse panel and is wired through the ignition switch (only hot when the key of turned on).

/ Loaders and Lights #7  
Thanks, Bird. I'll check it out when we return from the Turkey-day festivities in the land of disorganization...err, my wife's sibling's dinner celebration. <G>

(Great name, BTW...this is a "bird-friendly" houshold - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://sawsndust.com/birdies.htm>http://sawsndust.com/birdies.htm</A>)

/ Loaders and Lights #8  
My tractoris a 4010 and has a 20 amp alternator. How many lights can I add. I was thinking 2 facing forward on the ROPS and 1 facing rearward. I have no idea what the working load is. What do you do for a switch?

On another but related note, what are the pros and cons of using my loader to remove snow vs. a blade on the rear?

/ Loaders and Lights #9  
found that out did u? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I only use at night for plowing snow, and it is a pain not to have sufficient light.

/ Loaders and Lights #10  
BIRD: i took a quick look for that wire for additional lights did not see it under the seat , course i was in a hurry and just glanced, 1998 b2400.