Anyone using heated clothing?

/ Anyone using heated clothing? #1  

Piston

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 Hitachi UH083LC
I have heated clothing for motorcycling and am thinking of wiring it up to my tractor to keep me toasty in the cold winter months. Has anyone been using something similar? I'm not fortunate enough to have a cab yet but maybe one of these days!
The heated jacket liner and gloves have kept me warm at highway speeds in 32 degree temps so I'm sure it would work great on the tractor as well.

/ Anyone using heated clothing? #2  
I have heated clothing for motorcycling and am thinking of wiring it up to my tractor to keep me toasty in the cold winter months. Has anyone been using something similar? I'm not fortunate enough to have a cab yet but maybe one of these days!
The heated jacket liner and gloves have kept me warm at highway speeds in 32 degree temps so I'm sure it would work great on the tractor as well.

I think it would be a good idea, sitting on a tractor not moving will get you cold fast.

I addressed this issue myself this year with a Carhart extreme arctic bib overall. it's heavy and clumsy but for sitting on the tractor it works great. this one is made of nylon instead of cotton so it's supposed to be more waterproof, which kills 2 birds with 1 stone since I have a canopy but the legs were still getting wet under certain conditions.

I've got a few chances to wear it already this year and I'm happy, even if I just use it for seat time it was well worth the 120 bucks.

JB.

/ Anyone using heated clothing? #3  

That is f'n brilliant.

Let's see...$500 for heated bike/snowmobile outfit vs. $5000 for heated cab. Ding-ding...I'm going shopping tomorrow!

JayC

/ Anyone using heated clothing? #4  
I have a heated vest that I used up until I got the cab tractor, it worked great. Surprising how that little bit of heat inside the warm clothes can keep you toasty. The wattage never seemed to be a problem for the little dynamo on the B7610 to keep up with either, the battery always had enough to start the tractor next time out.

/ Anyone using heated clothing? #5  
I have a heated vest that I used up until I got the cab tractor, it worked great. Surprising how that little bit of heat inside the warm clothes can keep you toasty. The wattage never seemed to be a problem for the little dynamo on the B7610 to keep up with either, the battery always had enough to start the tractor next time out.

Do they sell heated underwear? That's what I want. A warm butt makes all the difference :).

JayC

/ Anyone using heated clothing? #7  

I've already got the investment for the bike, so all I needed for the tractor was a $20 wiring harness. Makes a huge difference when its bitter cold out.

/ Anyone using heated clothing?
JayC,
If you do buy a set, I recommend going with the full jacket liner as opposed to the vest. The theory with the vest is valid, as long as you keep your torso warm your extremities will be easier to warm up, but I have found the jacket is so much more comfortable. The vests are popular with motorcyclists because you don't add any bulk to your sleeves and sometimes have tight fitted clothing, not a problem on the tractor.

Also they do make some heated underwear :thumbsup: Well sorta, they have heated pants liners as well as socks and gloves. My ultimate plan was to buy the whole set, but really i've never needed the pants and socks but would be nice to have. I have a dual controller so one dial controls the jacket liner and the other controls the gloves.....
All the clothes plug into each other so you don't have a ton of cords to deal with, just two cords coming out the bottom of the jacket going to a controller.

I have Warm and Safe clothing Warm & Safe Heated Clothing and the Heat-troller for the Real Thing! and highly highly recommend them. They're customer service is excellent.
There is also Gerbing which is a big name as well as others.

/ Anyone using heated clothing? #10  
I commuted by motorcycle for three winters in Boston without heated clothing, but if I was going to be doing more than a three hour ride in temps lower than about 20 I'd want heated gloves, that was the only part of me that ever got cold.

On the tractor I've been using my full-faced motorcycle helmet in conjunction with an insulated bib and boots, and have been toasty warm - again, except for my hands.

So yeah, I guess I'd want heated gloves for the tractor eventually as well :D