Terrible front-end loader screeching noise

/ Terrible front-end loader screeching noise #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
I greased everything I could find, every zerk fitting, etc ... then realized the one thing left: The bucket level indicator rod. Man, that thing was making an awful screeching.

Hard to zone in on it when you're by yourself trying to operate the loader valve & also get your ears close to a sound, all while the diesel's running.

Anyway, dabbed a little grease on that rod & all screeching is now gone!! :thumbsup:

Now, if I could just remember to clean the radiator screen more often, to keep the engine from overheating :(

/ Terrible front-end loader screeching noise #2  
As Originally Posted by PA hayseed
You may need to spray that rod every once in awhile, kinda a metal on metal issue. Mine has a squeal detector on it, when it starts to squeal when I curl the bucket it means it is time to lubricate it again. A little wd40 or other spray lubricant will work just fine.

On the thread Stupid Question - What is that rod on the loader? - Page 3 - TractorByNet.com

/ Terrible front-end loader screeching noise #3  
Just after greasing my front loader , I picked up and curled my bucket and heard that same screeching noise you were talking about . I thought it was coming from the Hyds to my loader. I'll try the wd-40 trick on my indicator rod tomorrow to see if that 's it.
That's one thing you can count on , if you have a problem you can bet someone has had it before you and can tell you just what to try to fix it.:thumbsup: Thanks again for all the input.:D

/ Terrible front-end loader screeching noise #4  
If you want something that will stop the squealing for a long time, spray some chain wax on the rod and where it slides. It is for lubing motorcycle chains, but it leaves a wax film that is near impossible to get off. It has lasted for over a year without making the noise again!

Joel