Ammbusher skidsteer brushcutter on FEL

/ Ammbusher skidsteer brushcutter on FEL #1  

Piston

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 Hitachi UH083LC
Can one of these front mount brush hogs be used on a FEL tractor?

Ammbusher Brushcutter Attachment

I have a 2000lb capacity on my FEL and with the length and weight of this mower I think it would be too much for my tractor. However it got me thinking, would this work on a larger tractor?

I know you would need some sort of PTO hydraulic pump and a hydraulic reservoir on the back, as well as a lot of counterweight, but assuming you did that, would one of these work?

It seems it would be an amazing tool for the brush that is just a little too thick for a brush hog but not big enough for firewood.

I imagine I would have seen more of this on the forum if it was doable but just throwing it out there :D

/ Ammbusher skidsteer brushcutter on FEL #2  
Putting a hydraulic rotary cutter on the FEL has been done here, just as you said, with a rear hydraulic pump and reservoir. Don't recall which member did it, but you should be able to find it with the search function. I'm also thinking you'd want some protection from flying debris, because the temptation to raise it up and start that shrubbery at the top is going to be too great to resist. Might be more practial to get a front three point hitch kit and put a bush hog on that instead of going the hydraulic route. Me thinks you spend as much time on CL as I do.......... :(

/ Ammbusher skidsteer brushcutter on FEL
Me thinks you spend as much time on CL as I do.......... :(

Wayyyyyyy too much time.....It passes the long, boring days at work though :laughing: