Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Check Your Grill

It took me 1.7 tractor hours to use the FEL to clear the driveways at our house and barn of the 8" of snow we got today.

For those in the east who have yet to do this, as well as others, keep an eye on the grill of your tractors. After I completed the driveway at the house, and before heading to the barn, I walked around the front of the tractor in order to clear some snow off the FEL. I happened to glance at the outside grill and it was covered with snow. The temp gauge never moved from Normal, but checking the grill when clearing snow was something that had not occurred to me before today. It'll be on my list from now on. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, John Deere LT150

Default Re: Check Your Grill

Thanks for the tip

Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST

Oh yeah Mike... got's lots of snow on the ground and everywhere on the tractor. I'm hoping that the sun comes out tomorrow to help melt some of the crud off both my tractor and the driveway.

OBTW, we got about 10 inches at our place. I think that we're gonna pay for having some very mild winters... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Terry

Tractor
    Kubota L3010 HST

Had some brats on the grill and I thought you knew something I didn't so I rushed on out and checked when I saw your post subject. They were doing fine.

Hope you guys are enjoying all that cold wet stuff. We do miss it a bit a Christmas time but the pictures on the news get us through it.

GS

Yea, we got the same 8" here at our house in SE PA...well, maybe not the same snow, but it looks similar to yours I bet! Thanks for the tip on checking the grill...

Tractor
    Kubota L5460HSTC

Non issue for me, only takes 20 minutes to plow, after that the tractor is back in the attached garage (not heated, but pretty warm) where the snow will melt off[img]/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D

Mike,

I played for 5 hours with 7" of the white stuff...my grill managed to stay clean. I can't say this was true when I was blowing leaves around a few weeks ago.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200

jbecker

You don't need to get off your tractor to check your grill. It's under your steering wheel, same as mine. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, THAT grill...yea, the dandylion flyers like to clog that one up big-time in the summer. <G>

Of course, I've convinced myself that I need to install some lights on the ROPS now. Another day...another excuse to buy a present for the tractor. Sheesh!

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

After getting my mind off the 'brats (that's bratwurst to you non-PA types [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]) cooking on the grill...I think my radiator grill got covered because, in some areas of the driveway, I had to lift FEL bucket loads of snow up and over a 5 foot fence so I could dump the snow on the other side. In some cases, the snow sprinkled down the back of the FEL bucket and was drawn towards the radiator grill.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast