Check Your Grill

/ Check Your Grill #1  

MikePA

Super Moderator
Tractor
Had TC25D, now JD X310
It took me 1.7 tractor hours to use the FEL to clear the driveways at our house and barn of the 8" of snow we got today.

For those in the east who have yet to do this, as well as others, keep an eye on the grill of your tractors. After I completed the driveway at the house, and before heading to the barn, I walked around the front of the tractor in order to clear some snow off the FEL. I happened to glance at the outside grill and it was covered with snow. The temp gauge never moved from Normal, but checking the grill when clearing snow was something that had not occurred to me before today. It'll be on my list from now on. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

/ Check Your Grill #2  
Thanks for the tip

/ Check Your Grill #3  
Oh yeah Mike... got's lots of snow on the ground and everywhere on the tractor. I'm hoping that the sun comes out tomorrow to help melt some of the crud off both my tractor and the driveway.

OBTW, we got about 10 inches at our place. I think that we're gonna pay for having some very mild winters... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Terry

/ Check Your Grill #4  
Had some brats on the grill and I thought you knew something I didn't so I rushed on out and checked when I saw your post subject. They were doing fine.

Hope you guys are enjoying all that cold wet stuff. We do miss it a bit a Christmas time but the pictures on the news get us through it.

GS

/ Check Your Grill #5  
Yea, we got the same 8" here at our house in SE PA...well, maybe not the same snow, but it looks similar to yours I bet! Thanks for the tip on checking the grill...

/ Check Your Grill #6  
Non issue for me, only takes 20 minutes to plow, after that the tractor is back in the attached garage (not heated, but pretty warm) where the snow will melt off/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Check Your Grill #7  
Mike,

I played for 5 hours with 7" of the white stuff...my grill managed to stay clean. I can't say this was true when I was blowing leaves around a few weeks ago.

/ Check Your Grill #8  
jbecker

You don't need to get off your tractor to check your grill. It's under your steering wheel, same as mine. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Check Your Grill #9  
Oh, THAT grill...yea, the dandylion flyers like to clog that one up big-time in the summer. <G>

Of course, I've convinced myself that I need to install some lights on the ROPS now. Another day...another excuse to buy a present for the tractor. Sheesh!

/ Check Your Grill
After getting my mind off the 'brats (that's bratwurst to you non-PA types /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif) cooking on the grill...I think my radiator grill got covered because, in some areas of the driveway, I had to lift FEL bucket loads of snow up and over a 5 foot fence so I could dump the snow on the other side. In some cases, the snow sprinkled down the back of the FEL bucket and was drawn towards the radiator grill.