bx22 tlb

/ bx22 tlb #1  

marknh000

Tractor
bx22
The frame of the loader on my bx22 seems to be distorted in some way. When I lower the bucket, one corner contacts the floor and the other is about 1/2" off. I sent it in to have the dealer look at it, but they were unable to figure it out. They told me they would contact Kubota to find out if anyoune else has had this problem. The tractor has about 30 hours on it, most of which was mowing and backhoe work.

/ bx22 tlb #2  
Several people have reported that checking the front tires for proper inflation pressure may remedy this problem

/ bx22 tlb #3  
Someone here in the past mentioned the need to have equal tire pressures on the front tires in order for the loader to set level with the ground.

I suggest you check you tire pressures and see what you find.

I know this helped someone else here in the past.

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ bx22 tlb
Yes, I saw those posts, and tried it. I have a level concrete floor in the shed, and equal pressure in the tires. At first I thought one of the cylinders on the lift arms had come "unscrewed" inside, making one cylinder longer than the other. The dealer ruled that out. Is there a chance that the whole frame may have been welded out of square at the factory?

/ bx22 tlb #5  
If the dealer couldn't figure it out, I'm sure I couldn't, but it seems to me that there are at least three possibilities: (1) frame welded out of square at the factory, as you said, (2) it's been warped since installation - possibly by picking up too heavy a load at just one end of the bucket, or (3) bolts tightened during installation without everything being level and straight - I think you'll find the installation manual calls for assembling it on a flat, level surface, but NOT to tighten any of the nuts and bolts until all are assembled.

That is, of course, assuming ALL 4 tires are properly inflated; not just the front ones.

/ bx22 tlb #6  
Perhaps take note of Bird's observations. Park on the level and loosen up all the bolts holding the loader in place and see what happens.

Egon

/ bx22 tlb
I'll take a look at it tonight. I never thought about checking the mounting brackets under the tractor. Thanks for the advice everyone.

/ bx22 tlb #8  
The bucket could be TWISTED from lifting an
off center load or back dragging w/ lots of down
pressure.
The rear tire pressure will affect the loader not
the front because the front axle can pivot.

/ bx22 tlb #9  
HI Hoeman00 an all,

<font color=blue>The rear tire pressure will affect the loader not
the front because the front axle can pivot.</font color=blue>

Interesting observation...but I think incorrect. Even though the front axle pivots, both front and rear tires will have an effect on how the loader touches the ground.

That's the way it looks to me, for what that is worth! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ bx22 tlb #10  
Run the front tire onto a 4x4 on one side
and the bucket should still be level.
It will just raise the front end up 2".