It was a hoe down!!

/ It was a hoe down!! #1  

First one

Gold Member
Tractor
08' Kubota L3240 HST /cab
Ya.. Here's a good one for anyone trying to use your hoe to get unstuck. I didn't want to post this stupid mistake I made but thought that if I could save someone else from making it then I could live with the humiliation, here goes.:ashamed:
I was using the cat 416 backhoe at work and got stuck, so I still had the hoe to try and get out with. I had been trying to back out when I spun around in the seat , put my stabilizers down ,but not to the ground. I reached over cranked up the rpm's and reached out with hoe and started to pull myself out when I noticed that all of a sudden I was in the air balancing on the hoe with both back tires off the ground about 1 1/2 ' ( pucker factor running very high ) I quickly pushed the hoe out and the tires came back down as I pushed myself back to were I was in the first place. As I was in the air I noticed the back tires were spinning .
Why? DUH In my rush to get out, I never took the backhoe out of reverse when I turned around and cranked up the rpms to about 1500 to use the hoe , and was trying to pull myself out the front tires got traction and was pushing the backhoe right back on the hoe, which in turn lifted the rear tires up. I know stupid!!
But just thought that any of you trying to get out with your hoe "be aware" if your in gear or not. I could see it going over on its side pretty quick if I hadn't pushed back out on the hoe so fast , at that point the stabilizers wouldn't save you from going over. Just when you think nothing can go wrong voila :ashamed::ashamed: