BX2200 throttle position

/ BX2200 throttle position #1  

Anonymous Poster

I purchased a BX2200 last week, it will be delivered later this week. While I’m waiting for delivery I have been reading the operator’s guide. Currently I have a Wheel Horse and it recommends that you always operate at full throttle while running implements. The Kubota operators guide does not mention throttle position.

Do you run at full throttle? If you don’t run at full throttle, how do you determine the correct amount of throttle?

John

/ BX2200 throttle position #2  
John;
The owner's manual does mention running the MMM at full mower, but I don't over about 3/4. I open the throttle to full and give it a bump back. Unscientific, but it works for me. I know that some implements (bush hog, etc.) probably would require more rpms, but for 99% of my mowing 3/4 work fine.
I would not worry about this all that much, as Kubota rates the engine at full throttle.
Will

/ BX2200 throttle position
Thanks Will,

I do not have manual for the MMM I guess it may have some detail in the ops guide for the mower. I'm surprised that there isn't a tac on the BX2200.

Do you use low range or high range for mowing? I have a lot of steep hills on my property and it said that you get more hold-back in low range. The upper end ground speed is 3.7 MPH in low range which would be plenty fast for mowing.

John

/ BX2200 throttle position #4  
Although we have different tractors, some things are kinda common. I run the mower at whatever RPM seems to work best. It changes from time to time due to grass length and thickness. I don't exceed the speed designated for PTO on the tach. Sometimes when using the FEL I reduce RPM's to make the loader a little smoother to control. Frequently I don't need the speed or power associated with higher RPM's. One thing you don't want to do is reduce RPM's to the point that the tractor "lugs"..................chim

/ BX2200 throttle position #5  
The operator manual and the FEL operator manual address this issue. Mowing is done at full PTO RPM which is achieved by pushing the throttle full open and then backing it off a bit. The loader is operated at 1800ish RPM which is about 1/2 throttle or a tad. It really is not a worry, soon you will discover by sound and feel what the tractor needs, I never look at the tach on my 2410 and never need one on my BX. I actually mow at about 3/4 throttle, the cut is good and it is much quieter. Do not worry. J

Hi,

Don't forget the first 50 hour break-in period.

Ask you dealer how fast to run the engine during the break in. I think I ran mine something like 1800 for the first 10 hours, then increased it by 100 rpm each ten hours after that until I got to the fifty hour mark. After 50 hours I mowed at full rpm...but most other things I usually run at less than full speed.

Bill in Pgh, PA

The manual just says not to over stress it for the first 50 hours. A couple of places it mentioned to use half throttle where possible. I will use it some for hauling firewood. That shouldn't over stress anything. 50 hours of run time is a L O N G time.

I will see what the dealer has to say.

John

HI,

I forgot to mention that I have a B2910, that has a lower max rpm for 550 PTO rpm. My max operating rpm is 2,600.

A bx would run a proportionally higher rpm during break in.

<font color=blue>50 hours of run time is a L O N G time.</font color=blue>

Yes it is! Took me almost a month to get my first fifty hours in! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Lot's of loader and backhoe work was the reason. The grass did not grow much after I got the tractor in August. Too dry this year.../w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bill in Pgh, PA

It will take me several months to put that many hours on (at this time of year). I will use it a lot from April through October.

The BX2200 doesn't have a tach so I will have to go by throttle position.

John

/ BX2200 throttle position #10  
<font color=blue>The BX2200 doesn't have a tach so I will have to go by throttle position.</font color=blue>

You can get one for it if you want to. Do a search on "tiny tach"