Alot of seat time today.

/ Alot of seat time today. #1  

Topkicker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
After driving home from work in the blizzard last night, I woke up to just under 20inches of snow and my retired neighbor stuck in my driveway in his truck with a snow plow(he missed the drive and was in the yard). He's recovering from back surgury and I've been keeping his drive clean. He was going to return the favor before I got up this morning. We had so much snow he couldn't tell where the exit was. He also burned the cluch up trying to get out before giving me a call. I was just about to hook to him when the the road plow came down our rural road. A nice guy steps out of his heated cab in a T-shirt with the radio cranking out some CCR and offered to help. He got the truck out with no effort and I pulled him back to his house with the Massey. Spent the rest of the day plowing my drive and playing in the Jeep. I live for days like today.:)

02022011023.jpg

02022011029.jpg

02022011034.jpg

02022011070.jpg

02022011040.jpg

02022011017.jpg

IMG00444.jpg

/ Alot of seat time today. #3  
:thumbsup:It's good to have decent neighbors and big plow operators. My little BX2660 with turf tires did a hellava job for 5 hours today digging (FEL), scraping and plowing (BB) 12 inches of snow with 3 ft drifts. Did four driveways and mine. Was darn cold and tired after that. But the neigbor lady brought me some hot soup and a half a loaf of fresh hot bread. Temp at zero now but the wind has died down. Didn't have to pull any trucks out of my front yard however.:)

/ Alot of seat time today. #4  
yes looks like every1 had lots of fun plowing the snow.

/ Alot of seat time today.
:thumbsup:It's good to have decent neighbors and big plow operators. My little BX2660 with turf tires did a hellava job for 5 hours today digging (FEL), scraping and plowing (BB) 12 inches of snow with 3 ft drifts. Did four driveways and mine. Was darn cold and tired after that. But the neigbor lady brought me some hot soup and a half a loaf of fresh hot bread. Temp at zero now but the wind has died down. Didn't have to pull any trucks out of my front yard however.:)

Hot soup and fresh hot bread.That sounds better than money right now. It's 6 degrees here in Ft. Wayne tonight. You have a great neighbor. :thumbsup: I love fresh bread with soft butter.

/ Alot of seat time today. #6  
My best quesstiment is 17" of snow from this last storm. With the wind it was hard to measure. Measurements varied from dusting to 6 foot. In the quieter wind protected areas 17" was about the average. 155 foot driveway took 2 hours plus to dig out with the end loader, and the son using a JD 928E snowblower. All told 8 hours plus seat time, 9 drives dug out, 1 pick up, 1 van pulled out of drifts or plowed in on the street. Approximently 11 gallons of diesel, 4 gallons of gas burned. Total fuel cost, $61.00 in fuel burned, $0.00 paid by those I dug out. Just neighbors helping neighbors. I'm sure when I'm down they will be there for me. If not, I know I helped. Had a blast doing it too. My face still hurts from grinning. BTW, wifey seriously thinking about the need for a 3pt blower. One more good blizzard and I may have that 72" blower!!

/ Alot of seat time today. #7  
Great pics, thanks...I like the ones of the big cat, bet one could push some snow with that. Wonder what a rig like that costs??Think it might be abit big for the driveway:confused2:

/ Alot of seat time today.
We got 4 more inches of snow yesterday. I got up this morning and clean drives again. The snow pile is now over 6 foot.