Weight of FEL brackets

/ Weight of FEL brackets #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
I have a question about the quick attach type FEL, such as a New Holland 7308 or a Woods 1012. From what I've seen, it appears that there is a bracket that attaches to the front of the tractor that stays on the tractor when the FEL is detached. Can someone give me a rough idea of how much that bracket weighs?

/ Weight of FEL brackets #2  
I'd guess that the two brackets (one mid, one front) on my 7106 weigh about 100# total.

/ Weight of FEL brackets #3  
According to the specification sheet from New Holland, the tractor mounting brackets for the 7308 loader weigh 90#.

/ Weight of FEL brackets #4  
Are you talking about just the front bracket that attaches at the front of the frame and the two horizontal braces that run back to the to vertical receiver towers? Or are you including the towers also?

On the Woods 1012 the front bracket is @ 30lbs and the two horizontal braces must weigh around 12 to 15 lbs a peice. Not sure on the vertical towers. My guess would be 50 to 60 lbs a peice. Then add another 15 or so lbs for brackets and control valves.

/ Weight of FEL brackets
Thanks. I was talking about the front one, but only because I wasn't aware of the others. Thanks for all the info!

/ Weight of FEL brackets #6  
OK /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif, just why do you want to know how much this bracket weighs?

Me thinks you have something up your sleeve.

/ Weight of FEL brackets
Mrwurm - Nope, there's nothing complicated going on! I'm just curious about how much extra weight would be added if I got a FEL, but detached it while finish mowing. One of the reasons I bought a CUT instead of a larger tractor is because I use it primarily for mowing the yard and want to keep the weight down. I have 2 of the small weights on the front now, for a total of about 70lbs, so the additional 100lbs or so shouldn't hurt anything as far as mowing, but will actually be a benefit at times. I didn't like the idea of adding 200lb or more though, so that's why I asked.