Oil & Fuel cub cadet midsize loss of power help

/ cub cadet midsize loss of power help #1  

jerrywane

Tractor
cub cadet #8354
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was riding along and singing a song when all of a sudden the tractor went from 2300 rpm to 1600 rpms in o seconds.It will not throttle any higher,ive cleaned the air filter,replaced fuel filter,tried to open up the throttle govner all to no avail.3 cylender diesel,986 hrs on her......crazy! I would like to know if i can download a trouble shooter or engine manual for this thing,any help would be kind

/ cub cadet midsize loss of power help #2  
using a wrench, while running, crack an injector line and see if it makes a difference to engine rpm as you let fuel leak.. if you find an injector line that makes little or no difference.. or much less difference than the others, then you have found either a bad injector or bad port on the pump.

to decide if it is an injector.. swap it to another hole. if miss jumps tot he other hole, then the injector is bad. if miss stays in that hole.. pump port is bad...

keep yer hands away from pressureized fuel. only long tools!!!!!!! pressurized fuel under the skin can be a bad wound or near fatal.. or fatal...!!!

/ cub cadet midsize loss of power help
i think i read that the fuel pressure is @ 2000 psi i will try your sugestion and let you know how it goes.Gogles and all ,wish me well and thank you .By the way ,how would/where would you check fuel pressue....these things arnt as complex as a car,but there trying to be:thumbsup:

/ cub cadet midsize loss of power help #4  
high pressure.. low volume.... find the issue first.. then get to the rest of the stuff like fuel pressure. if pressur eis low.. find out if it is pump.. or bad injector poping off early.. or dribbling..e tc.

soundguy

thank you for the info....gonna get at it today since its going to be 55-60 degrees out i really appreciate this

using a wrench, while running, crack an injector line and see if it makes a difference to engine rpm as you let fuel leak.. if you find an injector line that makes little or no difference.. or much less difference than the others, then you have found either a bad injector or bad port on the pump.

to decide if it is an injector.. swap it to another hole. if miss jumps tot he other hole, then the injector is bad. if miss stays in that hole.. pump port is bad...

keep yer hands away from pressureized fuel. only long tools!!!!!!! pressurized fuel under the skin can be a bad wound or near fatal.. or fatal...!!!

the thing purrs like a kitten ffron idle to full throttle@1600 rpms,& will go no higher me thinks weak pump/seal????????

/ cub cadet midsize loss of power help #7  
naw.. don't sound like it... starved for fuel is my first though.. IE.. injection pump not being fed enough by lift pump. diesels not making rpm .. first thing I check is fuel flow from tank to pumps..

soundguy

:mur:just noticed that the spring that holds the fuel filter up is not there,so its been bypassing the filter for a while.......gotta guy comming that knows a lil more than me,which is alot thank you and feel free to look @ this site link i will put here Parts and Diagrams for Cub Cadet 8354 Tractor