Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

Default OH NO ! !

I was out in the garage the other day and I saw some melted snow under my tractor. A few days later it was still there. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img] Hmm, that should have evaporated by now. Uh Oh, on closer inspection its hydraulic fluid. It's dripping from the hydraulic filter, the frame, all over actually. I'm gonna do a closer inspection today. This will probably result in a warranty repair. No big deal except for the transporting part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

Default Re: OH NO ! !

Try tightening the filter and lines before you send it to the dealer.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    5300 JD 4X4

If you have recently changed the filter, make sure the old seal came off with the old filter. I had one stay on and then screwed the new one right on top of it. Sure glad I caught it before I had a more serious problem.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

The filter has never been changed, only have 35 hours on the tractor. The last time I used the tractor was two weeks ago to clear snow off the driveway. Hydraulic action was slower than usual. I am pretty sure that was caused by the cold outdoor temp.
    Also, there is hydraulic fluid dripping from the frame from the front of tractor all the way back to the bellhousing area.

Tractor
    New holland TC29-9x3 Woods 1012 FEL, Woods, 7500 Backhoe / Kubota L345DT 4WD, Kub FEL, Kub Backhoe

With fluid on the ground that far forward I would be checking the fittings around your power steering, or posibbly the hydro pump itself. Oil way back to bell housing was probably blown there by the fan.

Tractor
    New Holland TC21D

Could it be comming from one of your loader quick connects and running down the frame or axle then dripping? Probably not cause that be to easey. good luck,
    Larry

Tractor
    Mahindra 4110 4x4

I would check all the fittings. On new machines when assembled, sometimes the mechanics miss a fitting or two. This happened to me on a new kubota lawn tractor. Several of the fittings were just hand tight.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Checked it out the other day and found that there is an oil cooler in front of the radiator. This little cooler is covered with oil and seems to be the source for the leak. I also found some drops of coolant hanging from the frame. Called the dealer yesterday and they picked up the tractor this morning for warranty repair. I hope I get it back before it snows. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

Mrwurm, You've gotten plenty of great advice already but I can come up with a sure fire solution that works for me...

Park it over grass, when it leaks enough, it'll kill the weeds.

Actually, I'll be building a barn soon and so right now I'm jealous of you guys storing your machines' indoors.

Later, Kyle

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Finally got my tractor back from the dealer today. It's return was as mysterious as it's departure. After my initial call, the dealer just showed up and took it. Two weeks later it shows up in my driveway. I guess they're not much for communicating. Anyway, I called the dealer and he said he replaced a ruptured hydraulic cooler and a split hose leading into it. He also fixed a leaky coolant petcock valve. And the best news: No charge for repairs or transportation!