Default bent/broken rear blade

High Folks,
    My first post, I am a new Mahindra 4110 owner (21hrs now)
    In my first 5 hrs using a brand new Woods RB72 rear blade I broke check chain, bent blade, and cracked blade edge piece. I had taken off my Bradco 509 hoe before hand and check chains were wearing against hoe subframe. Check chains should have been shortened I believe. I am new to tractoring and don't know much of what I am doing. New tractor way too excited! But in addition to a FEL the only implements I have are the hoe and blade. Since my Dealer who I like, knew this, I thought the check chains wouod have been dialed in for the blade considering the hoe subfframe intrusion into the 3-pt work area. I was pushing not pulling when blade bent. Should I have something solid like a pittman instead of chains if i am going t be doing alot of pushing? Any other help or hints to a new tractor driver would be appreciated.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    5300 JD 4X4

Default Re: bent/broken rear blade

I usually tighten my check chains up so I don't get any sway. I have a 7' back blade and it would be easy to ruin it. I have noticed it I catch the corner with anything it tends to flex. I really have to watch it. I have it hooked to a 50hp jd.