3-Point Hitch jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no?

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #1  

freddy3

Tractor
jd 2305
Does anyone have any first hand experience with TSC's CountyLine post hole digger on a JD 2305? I'm looking at the digger with 12" auger. TSC is local (20 miles) and carries the auger tips, edges, etc.

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #2  
Here's another angle.... I just bought a Leinbach post hole digger with 12" auger from Everything Attachments, delivered to the house for $645. The 12" auger is heavy duty. I have used the Leinbach's before and they work good. Just another angle.....

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #3  
Freddy3, I can't say I have "first hand experience" with the exact TSC unit you are looking at, but... I have a JD 2210 (very much like your 2305) and a Farm Star PHD from Quality Farm & Fleet, the standard mustard yellow color (unable to find a model number - it's either a PHD500 or PHD720). It is virtually identical to the one TSC carries now for $469. My 2210 ran it great... I know there are attachments we need to worry about being specific for a subcompact, but this post hole digger is not one of them IMHO.

Mark

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #4  
I have one. I have used it to dig about 20 6" holes. My place has a lot of rocks and I busted about 3 shear pins. But the PHD has been rock solid so far..:thumbsup:

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #5  
Does anyone have any first hand experience with TSC's CountyLine post hole digger on a JD 2305? I'm looking at the digger with 12" auger. TSC is local (20 miles) and carries the auger tips, edges, etc.

I used a 12" auger from TSC behind my 31hp Deere 820, worked fine till I snagged a rock, tore up the auger then broke the shearpin. I will say it is best to invest in good augers as the cheap ones are too flimsy.

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #6  
I got my PHD from TSC last fall, with a 9" auger. Unit was actually
manufactured by Speedco of Colorado. Appears to be a decent unit.
Have had no problems. Mine is mounted on a Kubota L4310.

Caught it on sale ($399), plus a 20% off coupon.

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #7  
I got my PHD from TSC last fall, with a 9" auger. Unit was actually
manufactured by Speedco of Colorado. Appears to be a decent unit.
Have had no problems. Mine is mounted on a Kubota L4310.
Caught it on sale ($399), plus a 20% off coupon.

Around here in SW,Fla TSC sells the PHD alone for $469+tax when not on sale.
CountyLine Post Hole Digger - 2100220 | Tractor Supply Company

If you got yours like you stated w/9" auger employee's there must have tought auger went with it. :confused: IMHO
BTW:Lots of PHD manufacturer's use comer gear boxes which are good but I believe made in "China":(.

Boone

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #8  
Do you have the "updated" transaxle housing on your 2305?

The reason I ask is that there have been several reports(here on TBN), of the aluminum transaxle casings breaking apart while using PTO implements.

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #9  
... BTW:Lots of PHD manufacturer's use comer gear boxes which are good but I believe made in "China":(.

Boone

I have begun to wonder if anybody sells a Cat 1 implement with a domestic gearbox. I suspect the answer is "no", but I would be very happy to be wrong on this one.

I used to work at a facility that made it's own gears for it's procucts. Lots of capable and well compensated employees at that place. It is gone now, a victim of the race to the lowest price.

-Jim

/ jd2305 - CountyLine PHD, yes or no? #10  
I have one. Have put in 40 9" holes & it's been working good.

Attachments

• LR DSC_0307.JPG
    LR DSC_0307.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 617