wolverine oil pan heater

/ wolverine oil pan heater #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
anyone ever use the wolverine oil pan heater??
http://shop.wolverineheater.com/
i was just wondering if this works, and if i could add one to my oil pan AND to the transmission on the HST Kioti, in stead of the 300 watt magnetic stick on and fall off variety i use?
any suggestions?

/ wolverine oil pan heater #2  
I use this type of heater to keep my HST warm.

It holds just under 5 gallons, and a 140 watt heater, warms the entire trans warm to the touch, I guess in about 12 hrs.

I glued the pad to the bottom of the axle. I leave it plugged in during periods of impending snow.

These heaters are available on E-bay for a good price.

/ wolverine oil pan heater #3  
I thought seriously about geting one of these, then opted to just use a high quality 5w-40 fully synthetic diesel oil such as Rotella, Mobil 1, Amsoil. I do have block heaters, and engines start as if it was 70 degrees out. A few minutes to allow circulation, then onto working under little load for about 10 minutes til oil warms up a bit. No fuss.

/ wolverine oil pan heater #4  
I use this type of heater to keep my HST warm.

It holds just under 5 gallons, and a 140 watt heater, warms the entire trans warm to the touch, I guess in about 12 hrs.

I glued the pad to the bottom of the axle. I leave it plugged in during periods of impending snow.

These heaters are available on E-bay for a good price.
Could you post some pics. I may be interested in this too.:thumbsup:

/ wolverine oil pan heater #5  
I've used both the pad and internal type, but not on a tractor. Both work as advertised, but the stick on (orange silicon pad type) being external are subject to abuse.

These heaters are typically used on race cars to preheat lubricants (engine oil, trans, rear). Here is another source.

Search Results for preheater - SummitRacing.com

/ wolverine oil pan heater #6  
Could you post some pics. I may be interested in this too.:thumbsup:

Since the bottom of the axle is about 6" off the ground, and it's still cold outside, I won't be posting any photo's of it any time soon. :cool:

Use your imagination. A pad similar to the one below, is glued, via self adhesive, with high temp silicone around the edges, to the flat spot on the very bottom of the axle. The AC cord is then routed to a convenient place on the side of the tractor, and wound around the frame, under the running board when not in use.

Mine came from J.C. Whitney, and they don't seem to currently sell them. There are lots of places selling them now though.

Google: silicone pad heater.

I never got around to putting one on the engine oil pan. I used to use a magnetic heater on that, but it melted down. With synthetic oil I really don't worry about having one on the engine. I only live in Ohio. It normally does not get that cold here.

Attachments

• pad heater.jpg
    pad heater.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
   / wolverine oil pan heater
Since the bottom of the axle is about 6" off the ground, and it's still cold outside, I won't be posting any photo's of it any time soon. :cool:

Use your imagination. A pad similar to the one below, is glued, via self adhesive, with high temp silicone around the edges, to the flat spot on the very bottom of the axle. The AC cord is then routed to a convenient place on the side of the tractor, and wound around the frame, under the running board when not in use.

Mine came from J.C. Whitney, and they don't seem to currently sell them. There are lots of places selling them now though.

I never got around to putting one on the engine oil pan. I used to use a magnetic heater on that, but it melted down. With synthetic oil I really don't worry about having one on the engine. I only live in Ohio. It normally does not get that cold here.

well, here in no idaho it does get cold. supposed to get down to -23F by thursday...... thats why im checking

/ wolverine oil pan heater #8  

I was just wondering what kind of glue and how in the world does it not get torn off?? I would think, since I use mine where the bottom of the tractor gets somewhat of a beating. Not to severe, just limbs and the occasional running over mounds of dirt, gravel stuff like that. If it was able to be removed after the winter months that would work, since I don't do any major dirt or gravel moving during the winter.

/ wolverine oil pan heater #9  
I've used the Wolverine heaters (oil pan and under battery) on my 8.1L silverado for a couple years. Before that it didn't want to start when it got down to about 10 degrees. The other day it started right up at 20 below...... I couldn't put it on the bottom of the pan because of ridges so I put it on the side and it works just fine.... Don't have it on the tractor. On it I have a block heater, which isn't used much since it trips my GFI on the closest circuit.

/ wolverine oil pan heater #10  
I was just wondering what kind of glue and how in the world does it not get torn off?? I would think, since I use mine where the bottom of the tractor gets somewhat of a beating. Not to severe, just limbs and the occasional running over mounds of dirt, gravel stuff like that. If it was able to be removed after the winter months that would work, since I don't do any major dirt or gravel moving during the winter.

No, your not likely going to remove it, and reuse it.

You could try using a heat gun, and see how it works out.

Driving over dirt and gravel, is not going to be an issue.

Big rocks, and tree parts, could offer the potential of damage.